nine

The next morning was fairly normal

The next morning was fairly normal. Kuroo had to wake up extra early to go drag Kenma out of his bed in order to attend morning practice. He really wishes coach Nekomata would ease up on so many morning practices, instead of waking up at the crack of dawn and work out with a bunch of crazy volleyball players, he wished he could stay in bed a bit longer and walk with you to school. On the days where he was able to do that, both of you would walk with Kenma, and when he was there, all of your attention was focused on how he defeated a boss you couldn't. Luckily for all of you, it was a Friday morning, meaning you guys could all hang out during the weekend. The more he thought about it, he realized that all three of you hadn't hung out in a while since most of the time Kuroo and you would enjoy each others company while working on the chemistry project.

As Kuroo made his way to Kenma's house, he saw that his blonde friend was already outside waiting for him. "Kenma." He called out to him and stood in front of his house. Kenma looked up from his PSP and approached his captain. "Goodmorning, how come you're up so early?"

"My parents don't let me stay up late to play video games anymore, so I thought it would be a better idea to wake up early to play instead." Kuroo looked at his friend letting out a chuckle.

"I don't think that's any better." Both boys continued walking towards Nekoma not wanting to start the day playing volleyball. Kenma had always been obsessed with video games. When he was much younger he would stay up late to play the newest game he had purchased. This led to Kuroo constantly acting like his parent to get him to stop playing so much and go outside to have some fun. Kenma didn't like how Kuroo was when they first met. Kuroo was shy and didn't know how to talk to Kenma, even though he was a year older. But once Kenma asked Kuroo if he had an idea on what they should play, Kuroo introduced him to volleyball. He wasn't thrilled at the idea of playing a physical sport, but to make his friend happy he agreed to play. After Kuroo taught Kenma how to play, they both joined the boys volleyball club in middle school, and then in high school. To this day Kenma still plays but doesn't like the idea of moving around so much, only if they're against a tough opponent. 

Once they both reached the gym, Yaku and Kai were already there setting the court up.

"Good morning!" Kuroo yelled while entering the gym. "Can you not be so loud? It's too early to hear you yelling." Yaku groaned and glared at Kuroo who had a sly smirk on his face. "Hmm, what's gotten you into such a good mood? You usually come in here all tired and yawning, but lately you seem more alive."

"What do you mean? I'm always like this." Kuroo shrugged while thinking about what Yaku said. He always tried to be in a good mood in the mornings since he was the captain, but had he been acting more cheerful lately?

"No, you always come in looking uglier than usual, acting all bored, making it seem like you don't want to be here." Kuroo furrowed his eyebrows at Yaku's comment, he didn't think he was that ugly! "Don't tell me you like a girl?" Kuroo looked up and Yaku. His eyes widened for a little bit, but quickly went back to his normal expression. Although Yaku and Kai didn't notice his reaction, Kenma did, and he knew who the girl was.