40

Inayat's POV

She isn't a baby anymore.....

Why does she keep stressing us whenever she falls ill.....

Her mates are married already. My Dad said all out to my mum. His voice could be heard all over the house. He is so pissed at me.

Am I the only one who gets scared and overreacts whenever I am sick???? Well I don't think so.

How are you feeling now sis??? Mubarakah asked in a caring tone. She felt my temperature and said I was much better now.

Alhamdulilah. I muttered silently as I adjusted the position in which I laid.

Inayat, how are you feeling now? Mum came in and queried.

Alhamdulilah I am much better now.

She is okay now mum, turned out to be nothing too serious. Mubarakah smiled while I chuckled.

Well Alhamdulilah then. Your Dad was scared you know right. Mum said and I nodded a yes.

He really hates it when you fall sick inny. Plus he already called your work place and told them you wouldn't be able to make it today. She sighed.

I looked up at the time and it was just 8:30am.

But it is Monday mum, I have to work. I sighed out in distress.

No, no work today and that is final. She sort of spelt out.

Now who is talking about work over there. Dad said as he walked in.

It is your daughter o. Mum answered while I rambled my blanket.

Now miss, there is nothing like work today for you okay.  Ahmad already called to check on you and I explained things to him. Dad said and then gave me a last caring look before finally leaving the room with his wife.

Ahmad is my boss at work, he is the head of our department and also MR MAHMUD's son. My Dad's childhood friend🙄.

Awwww.. Ma Sha Allah. Ahmad huh??? Mubarakah blushed as she tickled my sides.

Stop, what is it??? I don't like it. I frowned immediately.

Why don't you like him sis??? He seems to like you a lot and besides Dad is very fond of him being that he is his friend's son.
I am sure Dad also wants you guys together.

Also??? You mean there are others who want us to be together too? I raised my brows.

Na'am, of course there are.

Okay, for example??

Well for example, Mum, Dad, I, Ahmad himself and his family in general.

Waw... Just waw

And who told you all this huh? I queried

Well I just knew it because I once heard Dad and His friend talking about it but I am not sure if they were serious.

Who knows sis, you might be getting married soon. Awww! She yayed🤦

Quit with the nonsense Mubarakah. You know I don't love him, I don't even like him a bit. And I mostly dont want to marry him. I frowned.

Why sis, why??? Because of that other guy you told me about huh??? What is that his name again? Rahman? Saleem? Salman?? She raised her hands in the air.

Mubarakah is in her second year in the Kaduna State school of nursing Tudun Wada.
But she still acts like a child😪💔.