7

Inayat's POV

The door flung wide open and the sight of my new roommate before me was nice.
She was wearing a black plain Abaya and a red veil wrapped beautifully around her head exposing a little view of her permed hair. I didnt like the idea but she still looked so beautiful Ma Sha Allah I thought. Several nylons were attached to her hands indicating she was from the market.

"Welcome back, hope it wasn't stressful. I see you are the second occupant, Nice to meet you I am the first occupant my name is Inayat Yusuf."  I smiled.

Thank you.... She casually answered as she left for her side of the room.

Well, that didn't go as planned... I thought. But it's alright, this is just the first day anyway. I have a good feeling we would soon get to know each other pretty well. I assured myself.

Wait, did she even say salaam before entering??? My subconscious asked.

Well, maybe she did, maybe she didn't. But it doesn't really matter anymore. I sighed as I laied back on the bed thinking of what my next line of action would be. I arrived and did my clearance early this morning, I also got my foodstuffs and needed items.

I am really bored without Sabeerah. She had called me this morning saying she was already in Zaria but at her family house at Emantos. But she would be here later to see how I am doing as she hasn't moved to the hostel yet. Silly girl likes to spend sometime at her family house before moving to the hostel.

I checked the time and it was 3:50 already. Almost time for Asr prayer I breathed. I waited for the call to prayer and stood to perform Ablution immediately it was called.

My thought about Sabeerah had made me forgotten I was now with a roommate and as I turned to come down I sighted her already sleeping with her things arranged firmly.

I should wake her for salat I concluded as I went over to her.
My Dad had told me it is rewardable to remind people of salats.

Sister! Sister!! Sister!!! I called out as she let open her eyes.
Sister as we normally called ladies whose name are unknown to us here in the Northern part of Nigeria.
Besides, we muslimahs are sisters in Islam to one another.

She let open her eyes and gave me a killer stare. "I really don't like it when my sleep is disturbed, but I would spare you this time since you are new to me. She hissed with anger as she turned to the other side and continued from where I had cut her.

Subhanallah! What have I done wrong?? I thought but didn't utter a word as I just stood there suprised. This is the first time I am encountering such an incident.

Or could she be a non-muslim? I asked within me.
Non-Muslims are those who don't believe that there is only one God named Allah(Subhanahu watahala) and that the Prophet Muhammad Ra'sulula (sallalahu Alaiyhi wasalam) is his last messenger.

I slowly left for downstairs as I kept thinking about where I had gone wrong. I guess she was part of those who didn't like being disturbed whilst sleeping. My bad though, maybe I should have just left her the way she was.
Well, the deed has been done. I concluded as I reached downstairs.

It looked so dry and scanty as school just resumed and activities were just getting started. I went straight to the tap point, turned it on and began performing my Ablution not without muttering a Bissmillah(In the name of Allah).

After having finished, I went back to my room and found my roommate still sleeping. She must really be tired I sighed as I took my prayer mat and prayed Asr.