4

Aa'yat's POV

The growling sound from my stomach made me realize I was hungry. I really haven't left my room since I woke up and there was actually no need to as I always have whatever I need to survive the day always closeby. Name it; Television, phone, bathroom, food(snacks) etc.

I reached for my nightstand and quickly grabbed the Pringles container that was standing right there. I quickly cut it open and started munching on it.

Uhmmmm..... I let out a sigh of delicacy. The onion flavor really does taste good.

Salaamu Aleikum.... A familiar voice greeted as the door went open.

I quickly recognized it as my Third most favorite person in the world. My Granny Ummu Anisa.

Good morning Granny, I answered with a friendly smile as I hugged her. How are you Ahjumma (Korean for elderly woman)? I asked with a grin.
She really doesn't like it when I call her that.

Stop it Aa'yat, I am not old.... She fired back teasingly. Besides, what did I tell you concerning salaams???

Ohwww yes, Walaikumu salaaam. I answered her previous Salam. And yes, you are old... Very old. I concluded as we both chuckled.

I brought your breakfast she said as she sat a covered tray on the stood close to my bed.

Breakfast? It's 2:00pm for God's sake and besides, I have eaten. I laughed.
I ate Pringles I added as I slammed on my bed.

I know it's afternoon already. I got here late because my Grand daughter visited from Abuja. I had to attend to her nicely and also see them off. I arrived here minutes ago and your mum told me she hasn't seen you since morning. I quickly made something for you and here I am.

Oh Ahjumma, tell me something I said as I held her hands into mine. Can't you stop coming here??? You are old now and you have been with my parents and I ever since. You need rest and please don't tell me you just want to continue.

Aa'yat, my being here is all thanks to the way your parents treated me when they were young. They took really good care of me. Your mother especially was my friend's daughter at that time. I took care of her all through when she lost her mum. And when she came back from the U.S and brought you? I was the happiest person that day. I see you as my own... My very own Grand daughter.
But, if you are really desperate to let me go, then get married soon. She smiled as I hugged her tightly.

Thank you Ahjumma... I have been hearing this story from you since like the very first time we arrived back here. You have always made me happy and I also love having you around. Thank you.

It's nothing Aa'yat, now eat your food and take care okay.

Okay, I answered as I began digging into the porridge soup.

And yes less I forget, you should check on your mum later I think she needs you.

Ohwww yes about that, she had a quarrell with Dad I answered sadly.

I see, and what did I tell you to always do when this happens? She questioned.

Always be the strength for my mum and keep encouraging her to be patient. I sighed.

That's it girl, you should eat fast, pray and head to her place okay. I would briefly see her before I take my leave too.

Bye Ahjumma I hugged her as she left for my mum's.

An hour later, I went to my mum's and as usual, she was just sitting on her bed thinking hardly with her pillow on her laps.
She didn't even notice me walk in.

Hey mum, I greeted as I got closer.

Hey my Angel she answered as she drew me closer. Granny came and left were you able to talk to her???

Yes mum, I was and she also made me something to eat.  I added.

That's so nice of her... She answered as she slowly patted my shoulders.

So Mum, what happened between you and Dad earlier, Did he hit you???.... I asked with tears in my eyes.

No, he didn't she smiled. I could sense lies in her words but I really don't want to doubt her right now. If she had to lie, that means she didn't want me worried.

Okay mum, but how did things turn this way???? We were always fine in the U.S... how did things change???.

Hmmmm.... She sighed. There are always trials in everyone's marriage, Your Dad happened to find out a big secret I kept from him. In addition to that, he made bad companies when he came back here. But don't worry Aa'yat, it all takes patience. As a woman, you have to really be patient in your marriage. You would come to know all this when the time is right.

Did I forget to tell you my mum is my most favorite person in the whole wide world??? Okay, here it is. She is.
She has always been there for me and had always tried her best in taking care of me. She gives me everything I want and Everything I need. I lack nothing all thanks to her. I love her so much despite everything. We hardly talk but she is always on my mind and deep down, I know it's vice versa.

Okay mum, just be strong and take care okay? I smiled.

I sure would...... So when are you going back to school? She asked.

This Sunday mum, Don't worry, I have everything prepared and ready for my return. You don't have to worry about anything. And uhmmm....... There is something I need to tell you mum.... I paused as she cuts me off.

It's okay, your uncle already spilled the beans to me. All the best Aa'yat, please work harder okay and always remember mummy loves you. She added as she hugged me.

Way to go uncle, he has betrayed me once again by telling you before I did. I hugged her back as we both laughed.

I love you too mum....

Safe trip in advance and do take care okay? She smiled.

Okay mum, talk to you some other time I said as I walked out.

Aa'yat! She called out as I turned towards her. I hope you prayed fajr and dhur?? She asked widening her eyes.

Yes mum, I did. I lied
I am not really the type to pray regularly as I am not used to it. While we were in the U.S, Mum and Dad always left for work and made sure I went to school and that was all . I pray whenever I am chanced.

That's my girl. Please always pray on time. She added as I left for my room.

Understood mum... I answered as I left for my room.

A ding on my phone and I looked to see who it was. Munir! I shouted out. Isint he tired already??? He keeps sending messages even though he knows I won't reply. It's high time I blocked this crazy jerk I cussed out as I threw my phone on the shelve.

Another chapter down......

Ummahs you aren't voting at the end of each chapters. Ghost readers? Or is it just boring😂😂???

See you later💕
Yhu_so_shy