39

Inayat's POV

What?? He is going to throw words at me in front of his sister??? This can't be happening.
Oh ya Allah, see me through this phase I am about to enter.

You see, I have been having a crush on this lady since like forever. He started.

Oh no, he really does have someone else in mind. Then why is he saying it now???  What is this? A confession night or what? Why say it for me to hear, he should just go ahead and tell the so called "lady". I groaned with my subconscious.

Silence filled everywhere as neither Aa'yat nor I said a word in return. I guess we just wanted to pay full attention to what he was going to say.

I would never forget my first encounter with her. That very day, when we came for our admission letter. He continued.

I was in a haste to submit my files and get registered in the department completely when she walked past me. Nervousness and confusion written all over her.

She was wearing an onion color hijab, perfectly ironed and very lengthy. Her lashes were so long that it needed not to be looked at twice before being noticed. Not to mention her bulgy eyes and perfect brown skin.

Why does this scenario sound so familiar???

I could tell she was also a fresher from the way she kept looking around the buildings as if in search for some lost treasure.

I could never look at a lady for so long but that day was an exemption. I kept staring as if I had never seen a lady before which of course was somewhat true.

Mansur ran over and pulled me out of the trap I had already fallen in. Astagfirullah I muttered immediately I turned to Mansur.

She halted somewhere not too far from where Mansur and I stood as if in search for some missing papers or something, when a paper fell out of her files.

She didn't even notice she was missing a paper to tell you how carried away she was.

Mansur immediately took the paper and wanted returning it back to her when I stopped him. I would rather do the honor of returning it to her. I smiled as I collected it from him.

Where is this story heading??? I don't remember losing a paper or so😪

Junaid turned to Aa'yat and he chuckled loudly before he continued.

I collected the sheet from Mansur and decided to take a quick peep at the piece before me. It was a photocopy of  her waec result and believe me, she had excellent grades.

I was about to hand over the paper to her not for any other motive since I wasn't the type to talk to ladies but just because I wanted to see her face once more.

Before I could mutter the courage to go over to her, An average looking man walked closer to where she was a called her out. "Inayat where have you been???" The voice asked laced with concern.

How could you have come with your Dad Inayat??? Junaid queried as he turned to me and flashed a smile.

OMG!! Subhanallah, He really was talking about me.....

Waw Subhanallah Junaid, I can't believe all you are saying. Was all I could mutter out while Aa'yat just kept chuckling non stop.

Your Dad's interruption killed my urge to even say a word to you so I just took my leave with Mansur by my side. Junaid continued while I paid attention.

Your waec result in my hand as I stared at it with so much joy. "Inayat Yusuf" I kept on saying out your name lovingly while Mansur kept teasing me non stop. He laughed.