6

Aa'yat's POV

It was early on Monday morning, the ride back to school was calm and full of silence. My uncle Bilal had visited us a day prior and decided to take me with him.
He lives both in Kaduna and Zaria.

I slept mostly throughout the journey, and when I was finally awake, the sound of buyers and sellers around the flyover area could be heard loudly around me.
The horns and hold-ups could also be startling for anyone who was sleeping.

Hey little one, My uncle called as I opened my eyes.

Are we there yet??? Was all I asked.

No, not yet. But in some minutes he answered.

Where are we heading to first? I asked him in addition.

Well I am a worker, so of course I am heading to my place of work. He teased. And you being a student, would head straight for your admission letter. I would drop you off in front of your department.

Now, we were at the Main gate and I could perceive the normal ABU fragrance, I could see our beautiful logo sitting right there at the middle, the Barrow boys all struggling to pack loads, our mini park right there in front and goods all displayed.

So where do I keep my load? I mean, I don't have a room yet. I queried as my uncle drove past the securities and was given a little note.

Not to worry, immediately you get your admission letter, text your registration number to me and you would be able to access your portal in no time. Of course, with your accommodation issue already solved.

Minutes later, I was dropped off in front of the department and I let out a big sigh. Well, here we go. I breathed as I walked my way through.
After random queries, in no time, I was able to locate the 300 level coordinator's office. She was a gentle looking woman.
I went in, greeted and was offered a sit.

Aa'yat Suleiman right? She asked as she scanned through the letter.

Yes ma'am I nodded as I looked back at her.

She handed the letter over to me and of course not without a bit of counselling.
"Here in the department of biology, students are also withdrawn and many are on probations. So don't think you are now in a department where seriousness doesn't really matter anymore." You have to really sit up Miss. She concluded

Okay ma'am, understood. I answered as I stood to leave.

I quickly brought out my phone and did as I was told by my uncle.
Fifteen minutes later, He called saying it was all done. I headed to the nearest cafe, did some printouts and headed to the Administration office of Amina Hostel.

Yes, I have always lived in Amina and all thanks to my favorite uncle, I always had no stress in doing anything.

Over at the admistrations, she checked and verified all my documents and then asked me the fill my name in the log book.

Block A1 room 20. It is a room of four, I said excitedly. As I was about to fill in my name I noticed someone already did.
There is no harm in being second I sighed as I filled in my details.

My uncle already dropped my things with the security while I was doing my clearance. So I just had to drag them up all the way to my room.

On reaching my room, the door was widely open so I just made my way in.

Such roommate! Why would she leave the door open??? I said as I dragged my things and dumped them by the side of an empty bunk. It's down bunk wasn't yet occupied so I just arranged my stuffs.