35

Aa'yat's POV

You should make the first move in knocking. Junaid advised as he stayed put behind me while I tired knocking on my grandmother's door.

It has been months since I last saw them and by Allah, I miss them so much. But why do I feel nervous and unsteady???
Perhaps because I still don't know where to start from in introducing both my families to each other, and I am still not at rest concerning the divorce issue between Mum and Dad.

He obviously won't divorce her once he finds out she is expecting his babies, but still he really has to put a stop to his attitudes in general.
I have to do this, I have to mend my family, they were the ones who raised me after all. It is all going to be fine In Sha Allah.

Oh Ya Allah, see me through this tangled phase. Ameen. I thought all at once as I finally mustered the courage to announce my arrival.

Assalamualikum Mum, Ummu Anisa. I greeted as I kept placing slight knocks on the door.

Wa'Alaikum Salam, I heard my mum's voice answer after a short while as she opened the door almost immediately.

How are you my baby girl? She asked out loud with a smile as she caught a glimpse of me, but before I could answer, she dragged me in quickly and closed the door loudly behind me as if in a kind of shocking or surprising mood.

Why did you have to bring your fiance home today of all days??? Huh
Are you two official now???
Why didn't you tell me he was going to come with you???
Isint that Junaid??? Your crush at school?
And why must you introduce him to the family now?? She whispered surprisingly.

I am going to explain better to you mum, he isn't my crush okay, I mean well yes he kind of was, but he is my brother. I whispered back.

What??? Your brother??? She queried now understanding with her subconscious where I was driving at.

OMG! Subhanallah! Your brother??? She started as she covered her mouth in surprise.

Waw, Ma Sha Allah. What a twist this is.
But how??? Why??? When???? She poured out confusedly as I ushered with my hands for her to just open the door and let Junaid in at once.

She opened the door as ushered and cleared her throat loudly welcoming Junaid in.
"I am so sorry Junaid, I had to you know...., Just come in." I heard her say as she opened the door for him to come in.

Junaid on the other hand, just stood there with a smirk on his handsome face as he smiled back after saying it was no problem at all and he understood what was going on.

Bissmillah. She welcomed as he walked past her and through the door.

Hey big head!! He smacked my shoulder as he entered and saw me where I stood not too far from my mum.

You are a weirdo! I laughed back as he joined in too.

Waw, you both really are siblings😲😲. I heard my mum sort of confirm behind us.

Yes mum, we are. Junaid confirmed yet again as mum showed us our way into the living room.

Good afternoon Granny. I greeted as I ran over to where my grandma was seated and Junaid ran along without hesitation.

Good afternoon my darlings. Grandma welcomed as she placed both her hands around our backs.

I can see you have finally met with your family Aa'yat. My granny started.