42

Aa'yat's POV

At least put on makeup inny!!! I shouted with the very last strength I had in me.

This lady is just too naive.

It is a wedding for Allah's sake and she doesn't even want to look too stunning. Even if it is just going to be we the ladies doing our doings, she still has to at least undergo a make over just for today.

It isn't her fault, it is because she is beautiful.

Damn, she is so pretty even without makeup.

Look Hajia, I don't even have time. If not for you that is even forcing me to wear heels, I will just wear one of my stunning sandals and we are good to go. She sighed.

Saanu, simple woman. I sighed back in defeat.

Oh ya Allah, so the twins are married now huh??? Inayat blushed in happiness.

And I am getting married next weekend. She blushed even more.

Which leaves only me in the single and not taken field huh? I eyed as I turned to look at her.

No, it isn't like that now, that is not what I am saying. She teased indirectly.

That is exactly what you are telling me Inny. Remember you said something similar to it last night right? You were just busy teasing me and singing "when will you marry o??". I laughed as it occurred back to me.

Yes now, when will you marry?

No one on your mind, You don't want to accept Mansur, so which one you dey madam??? She laughed back.

Na'am, I know right. I smiled

I don't just like Mansur, he is cool and all Ma Sha Allah and if left for him wants to marry me right now. But I just don't feel the same way, I just don't like him. I poured all out in a sigh.

I told you he has been telling my Dad he wants us to get married right? And Dad was like I can't force Aa'yat if she doesn't like you back.

Ouch, Poor Mansur. Inayat faked a pain.
Well, May Allah guide you to the right part sis. She prayed while I uttered an Ameen.

Let us hurry sis, we will be late. She said in haste.

Don't rush me sis, I have to smear my makeup on.

Not everyone is as simple as you, you know. I eyed.

Okay fine. Just hurry up. She sighed as she sat back on the bed in wait.

The Nikkah was done earlier today and it is almost time for the girls only hangout. The brides and their female friends wedding reception I guess.

I heard just 20 people were invited is that true inny? I turned to her after adjusting my dress.

Yes sis.

Are you done?

Can we go now??

Na'am. Let's say our salaams to mum and Dad before we head out.

Bye Mubarakah.

Wake up sleepy head, it is almost Asr and you shouldn't sleep between Asr and magrib you know right. Inayat said all out.

Yes Mubarakah, you really shouldn't. I added as we headed out.

Okay understood ladies, I am up already. I heard her ruffle the bedsheets.

Wait, it is almost time for Asr Aa'yat, more reason why you should go with your natural looks. Inayat called to my attention.

I sighed in annoyance, that is your problem inny, must someone always remind you of everything???? I wonder how you passed your exams while in school.