Chapter Seventeen

Declan~

Declan was on fire as he stormed down the steps of the VIP lounge toward his team. His hands were fisted and he was practically breathing smoke as he headed toward the door.

"What'd she say?" Caleb asked.

Declan continued charging forward without saying a word, motioning at Marcus to meet him outside.

"What happened?" Pierce asked once they were outside.

"Lexi's in trouble," Declan said.

"What? How do you know?" Caleb asked, visibly confused.

"She signaled me. SOS on my arm," Declan answered as he tapped his bicep.

"I'll be damned," Marcus breathed out.

"What's the play boss?" Pierce said as he rolled his sleeves readying himself for action.

"Someone get Nate on the phone."

"I got you," Marcus said, pulling out his phone.

"Yo," Nate answered

"It's Dec. You know anything about a dude named Asher?"

"Asher Thompson? Lexi's ex?"

Lexi's Ex

"Total psychopath. Scum of the Earth. Why?" Nate answered without hesitation.

"Shit," Declan said under his breath.

"Is Lexi okay?" Nate asked.

"I think she's in trouble. She's with Asher inside Spades right now and signaled an SOS to me. I don't have a lot of time to explain, but we need eyes on the inside of that club. I want to get the drop on them at the door."

"Them?" Nate asked.

"He's got two guys with him. One of them is packing. I felt a side holster on him and would guess the same about the other. That's why I don't want to rush em' inside. Too many people. Too many things could go wrong"

"Okay I'm working on it."

"There's no way she would have gone anywhere willingly with Asher." Claire interjected.

Declan closed his eyes and tried to push out thoughts of Lexi being forced against her will. He needed a clear head. Lexi needed him to focus.

"Alright I got eyes on them. In a booth on the west side of the building."

"What do you know about this guy?" Marcus asked.

"Not a lot, but enough to know he's a piece of shit. He started distributing drugs and got violent with Lex so she left him a month or two ago."

Declan's stomach dropped at his last statement and his blood ran cold. I left her in the hands of her abusive ex for five hours.

Feeling a hand squeeze his shoulder he turned to see Caleb giving him a sympathetic look.

"Don't do that Boss. You didn't know," he said as if he could read Declan's thoughts.

"Hold up," Nate exclaimed. Getting the groups attention.

"I think one of the bouncers made you.  They're on the move, but they're  not moving toward the front exit."

"Shit!" He yelled but gave no information.

"He's going toward an emergency exit on the west side. Dec get there now!"

Without another word Declan took off in a dead sprint around the building with Pierce and Caleb hot on his heels.