Chapter Twenty Four

Lexi~

It was surprising how quickly Lexi and Declan fell into a routine together. She had only been there for three days but she already felt a hominess and comfort that made her never want to leave.

Of course Declan was a creature of habit and did the same thing every day, but his consistency was comforting and she fit into his routine seamlessly. Her favorite part of their newly established norm was their late night conversations.

Tangled in each other's arms, they talked about everything under the sun and laughed until the wee hours of the morning.

Their first day home was a Sunday and they spent half the day running errands and the other half lazily lounging around Declan's house. It was a typical bachelor pad with very little decor, aside from big comfy leather couches and an offensively large flat screen TV.

Making an effort to learn his habits she regularly watched him. She took note of where things went or how he performed certain tasks, learning his habits one by one.

One morning after her shower she left her toiletries spread out across his bathroom counter.

"Sorry I'll get all this crap out of your way," she said as she moved past him to clean up her mess.

"It's alright, you can leave it where it is," he said, taking hold of her wrist to stop her movement.

"But it's all over your counter."

"It's okay. I like having your stuff in my space."

His sentiment made her smile and she wrapped her arms around his waist.

"I like being here."

"I like having you here, gorgeous."

Cupping her face with his strong hands, Declan tilted her head and pressed his lips into hers. His kisses were slow and lazy as he took his time appreciating her.

Welcoming him into her mouth she melted into him hoping it would lead to something more but knowing it wouldn't.

Declan had turned her down for sex twice now, wanting to wait until she was fully healed. The most rational part of her knew he was right. She couldn't imagine how painful it would be to have Declan lower his body weight onto her right now. But abstaining was no easy task for either of them.

She got the slightest amount of satisfaction knowing Declan was having an equally difficult time.

His recurrent showers weren't lost on her.

Pulling away slowly he kissed each cheek followed by the tip of her nose.

"I'm going to take a shower."

Her smile was too big to hide and she smothered his mouth with one more hard kiss before letting him pass.

"Have fun in there," she teased.

"It's just a shower," he argued innocently.

"I know," she countered as she shot him a wink.

Still standing in the doorway, he gave her the sexiest smile she'd ever seen on a man before she turned to leave.

After he was showered and ready he left to go to Knight for a few hours like had done the day before. While he was out she enjoyed being lazy around his house, still not feeling 100%. Wrapping herself in a blanket she let Declan's scent permeate her senses and lull her sleep.

*****

A few hours later Declan returned home with a look she couldn't quite decipher.