Chapter 3

A few years later...

Arthur - 16

Elizabeth - 14

Morgana -18

Alexander - 17

I rushed through the halls and to Morgana's chambers, I knocked on the door and Morgana called for me to come in. I opened the door and rushed in. "Hey! Happy birthday!!" I yelled running over to her to give her a hug. She chuckled and smiled at me before wrapping her arms around me as well. "How does it feel being really old?" I asked, giggled like the child I was inside.

"I'm only eighteen, Lizzie!" She exclaimed, but I could tell she was joking. "I can't wait to be eighteen, you get to go to fancy balls all the time, and you can have people court you, it sounds so much fun!" I shouted, bounding over to Morgana's bed. "Well, it isn't as fun as it sounds, royal life is tiring, and you can go to balls all the time after next week, because you finally turn fifteen."

Morgana said, joining me in her bed. "I'm sorry I'm not allowed to be there tonight, I wish that I could be." I said, annoyed that in my father's eyes I was too young to go to all the fancy balls. "Well, that just means that we'll have to have our own celebration, just the two of us." Morgana said, and I beamed at her. "Can Arthur come?" I asked in the sweetest voice possible, "I don't want him to feel left out." I said. Morgana sighed, but nodded her head.

I bounced off her bed, and to her door. "I'll go get him, you think about what we're going to do." I said, before giggling and then running out the door. I rushed through the castle, not quite running, but also not walking, before I reached Arthur's chambers. I knocked on the door and heard his manservant call for me to wait just a minute. "Ah! My Lady, what can I do for you today?" He asked me. I rolled my eyes, but answered his question.

"Well, I want to see Arthur obviously, why else would I be here." I answered, and the manservant, whose name I've long since forgotten, chuckled nervously. "Right, yes, of course, in you come." He said, opening the door wider and allowing me to enter Arthur's chambers. When I went in I saw that Arthur was hopping around, furiously trying to pull a boot onto his foot.

I stifled a laugh, which caught the prince's attention. He immediately stood up straight. "Urr... Lizzie, what are you doing here?" He asked in a slightly awkward voice, his cheeks going redder every second. I was about to respond when Arthur tried to lean on his table, but his hand missed it, sending him straight onto the ground. I couldn't hold it in any more and burst out laughing at the boy who was now on the floor.

"Come on, we're going to spend the whole day with Morgana, because I can't go to her ball tonight, and we need to celebrate her birthday somehow." I explained as I helped Arthur up off the floor. He stood up straight and nodded his head. Then he turned to his manservant. "Tell my tutor that I unfortunately can't attend my lessons today, because it's Lady Morgana's birthday." He said, before the servant ran out the room.

I then grabbed Arthur's wrist and pulled him along with me, back to Morgana's room. "Morgana, I've brought Arthur!" I yelled into the room and the girl turned around and smiled at me. "Happy birthday Morgana." Arthur said, and we all went and sat down at Morgana's table. We talked all morning, just about how our lives were, considering we didn't get to see each other much, just the three of us.

"I'm just going to the bathroom." Morgana said and I nodded to her, not surprised, she'd had about three glasses of water already this morning. She left the room, just leaving me and Arthur in there. I stood up and stretched my muscles.  "What are balls like?" I asked absentmindedly. Arthur made a strange noise and I looked over at him. His face went slightly redder and he cleared his throat. "Well, umm, there's dancing and music, and food." He said, and I looked at him in confusion.

"I already know that Arthur. Every ball has those things." I said, and Arthur just said, "Oh." Before going quiet. I continued to move around the room, eventually throwing myself onto Morgana's bed. "I can't wait for my ball next week, it's going to be the best ball ever!" I yelled, and I heard Arthur chuckle slightly. "Let's just hope you don't fall over on your first dance and embarrass yourself in front of everyone like I did." He said.

It was now my turn to chuckle. I remembered when that happened, I had stayed up in Arthur's room on the night of his fifteenth birthday and when he got back from the ball he went on and on about how he had been dancing with a young lady and he had accidentally stepped on her toes and then he had fallen over. He went on about it for so long that I ended up falling asleep in his room that night.

"Thanks Arthur, you're instilling me with so much confidence." I said, and the young prince smiled at me. "Well, I've gotten a-a lot better in the past ye-year." Arthur stuttered. I was slightly confused, Arthur was normally very confident, why would he be stuttering, especially around me, we had known each other for years. "Who said anything about my first dance being with you." I said, with some attitude in my voice.

I chuckled as I looked over at Arthur who looked like a lost puppy. "I'm kidding Arthur, if no-one asks I would be thrilled if you were my first dance." At this Arthur visibly relaxed. He looked as though he was going to say something else, but we were interrupted by Morgana coming back in the room. "Sorry about that, what were you talking about?" She asked. I turned to her and said that we were talking about my ball next week.

We spent most of the afternoon discussing either mine or Morgana's ball. Then Arthur said a stuttery goodbye as he went to go get ready for the ball. I wanted to help Morgana, but I wasn't allowed to, so I went back to my room and started reading a book before going to sleep.