Chapter 15

I woke up the next morning to the door bursting open and I sat up quickly in bed. I saw that it was Alice, along with many other female servants. "Alright we have a lot to do today, so first of all let's get you dressed and I can ask you about all the different things we'll need for this wedding." One of the ladies said, as her eyes scanned down a medium length scroll.

"Alice, what's happening?" I whispered to my friend, who just shrugged at me, before pulling me out of bed. I quickly got out of my nightdress and into a casual dress, then as Alice started brushing through my hair the lady with the scroll came over and stood behind me.

"Alright, let's start with something simple, flowers, first for the whole room and then for your bouquet, what do you want? Remember they have to be blue." The lady said, and I furrowed my eyebrows. I knew that King David said we would be working tirelessly, but I thought I would at least get a few minutes to wake up before this all started.

"Hurry now Princess, we don't have all day." The lady said, making me have to stop myself from rolling my eyes. "For the bouquet I want blue hydrangeas and iris', but they have to be picked from the palace gardens, nowhere else. Then for the rest of the hall, Delphinium and Monkshood, and just have them lining pillars and banisters." I said and I caught the lady looking rather impressed when I looked in my mirror, making me smirk.

"Right, of course." She said, still a little shocked, before she scribbled that down, and told one of the other women in the room something, causing them to walk out. "Okay, let's get back to business, there are plenty of other things to arrange, but we need to get the fabric for your dress decided so the royal seamstress can start right away. Here is a selection of fabrics, if you don't like any of these then I'm sure we can find another option." She said, leading me over to a lady with a wide range of fabrics in her hand.

I sighed as I realised they were all blue. I know that our colour scheme was blue, but I didn't want to blend in with the rest of the hall, so maybe I could get it in a different colour. I picked out two materials, a light satin and a sheer material which I didn't know the name of. "I'll have these, but in white, and tell the seamstress to make it simple, I don't want something too elaborate." I said, and the lady looked at me strangely, but nodded and dismissed that servant.

"Okay, King Uther and King David are sorting out the guest list and the seating plan, then I believe that Prince Alexander is sorting out food, but we'll get you to check that it's alright before the big day." She said, and I nodded, looking over at Alice who giggled at my annoyed face. "Now the next thing is your wedding bands, we have a few options for you here, what do you think? This is something we'll have to confirm with the Prince." She said, leading me to another lady who had two cushions with multiple sets of rings on there.

I looked through them all before spotting a pair that I liked. Both rings were the same, one being slightly smaller than the other, but they were a nice rose-gold, and had a small area with a pattern on that was surrounded by diamonds. "These ones, take them to Alexander and see what he thinks." I said and the lady nodded, dismissing that servant.

"Now I want you to decide what colours your personal guests are wearing, this includes Morgana and Arthur at the moment, but you can add other people if you want to." She said, and I nodded, thinking it over for a few seconds, and I knew that I wanted to add people to my party.

"Let Arthur wear what he wants. I want him to be comfortable. Then Morgana shall wear a light blue dress. Then I'm adding Alice and Gwent to my party, they can wear similar dresses to Morgana." I said, and the lady looked at me in shock. "A-Are you sure you want... servants to play such an important role my Lady?" The woman questioned me and I just looked her dead in the eye and gave her the most serious look I could.