Chapter 5

Some more years passed...

Arthur - 18

Elizabeth - 17

Morgana - 20

Alexander - 19

I smiled as I closed yet another incredible book. I sighed and looked out at Camelot. It was a beautiful day, and the sun was high in the sky. So I put the book back on the shelf. I walked out the library, thanking Geoffrey as I did, before walking out the castle, and down to the training grounds. I saw that there were a few knights there, along with Arthur.

I watched as Arthur fought with one of father's best knights, beating him, after only a short while. I smiled at how much he had grown. He had short blonde hair, and a chiseled face, with the most stunning blue eyes, that captured me more and more every time I looked into them. He had become more muscular, due to the amount of training he'd endured in the last few years. I had to admit that he had grown into a very attractive man.

I blushed at my own thoughts, and remembered the conversation I'd had with Morgana a few weeks ago. I had been worried, because I had suddenly been feeling more and more awkward around Arthur, and realised that he was making me more nervous, all the time. Morgana had chuckled when I told her this, and she made some comment on my naivety.

Before she went on to explain that I'd developed feelings for Arthur. I had denied this, but the more I'd thought about it in the past few weeks, the more it made sense, Arthur was an incredibly handsome man, and I couldn't deny that, and I did feel a lot better when he was near.

I was brought out of my thought of the prince by someone's voice next to me. "You're staring again." Someone said, making me jump, and I turned around, seeing Morgana, with her new handmaiden, Guinevere. I blushed heavily at this, and looked back to Arthur. "Well, I was just admiring Sir Olwin's sword skills." I said, trying to hide my face, which was getting hotter.

I glanced back at Morgana, and she gave me a knowing look, she was always able to tell when I was lying. "Okay, fine, I was looking at Arthur, but I still won't admit it." I said, refusing to give in to her theory. "Won't admit to what." I heard a familiar voice say, and I turned around so quickly it made my neck ache. But I then regretted it as my face was very close to Arthur's.

I cleared my throat and stepped away from him, immediately missing the warmth his body was providing me with. "Uhmm... urr, nothing, it's nothing." I said, heating up even more than before. "Lizzie won't admit that she is head over heels in love." Morgana said, teasingly. I sent her a glare. "Morgana!" I scolded, who just shrugged her shoulders and moved away.

I looked back up to Arthur, and he was looking down at his feet. "Is that true?" He asked. I don't know if it was just my emotions clouding my head, but he sounded sad about hearing that I may be in love with someone. "Well, I'm certainly not in love with him, he doesn't even know I like him. And I don't think he'd like me back." I said, slightly awkwardly, trying not to reveal to Arthur that I was talking about him.

Arthur chuckled, sounding almost relieved. "Well, I don't see any reason for him not to, you're the most interesting person I know, any guy would be an idiot to refuse you." He said, and I smiled gently at the comment. "Thank you. But I can't be with anyone anyway, I've only just turned seventeen, and I'm not allowed to court until I turn eighteen, so I'll have to wait a while." I said, and Arthur nodded,

Then the prince got called over by one of his knights. I sighed as I watched him leave, I just wish I could tell him. I turned around, glancing back at Arthur one last time, before walking around the castle and into the gardens, where I sat on a bench and thought deeply about my feelings for Arthur.

A few weeks later the kingdom was abuzz with the winter celebrations. There were decorations all over the castle, and the market was filled with people from all over Camelot who were coming to visit. I sighed from where I was on Morgana's bed in her chambers. "Why can't I be eighteen already." I groaned, and Morgana giggled lightly from where she was sitting at her vanity, Gwen brushing her hair.

"Be patient, Lizzie, Arthur will still be there next year." She said, coming over to me, with Gwen. I had become quite good friend's with Morgana's handmaiden, and my own new one, Alice completed our little group, but she was off doing something at the moment. "Yeah, but what if some beautiful princess comes along and catches his attention, then I'll have to live with her if they start courting." I said, shivering at the thought of Arthur being with someone other than me.

Morgana placed her hand on my shoulder. "That will never happen, Arthur has completely fallen for you. And we're going to prove it." Morgana said, a smirk forming on her face as she shared a look with Gwen. I gave the two of them a scared look, before Alice came in, saying that I had to get ready for dinner.