Chapter 6

The next week I was sitting in Arthur's room, reading a new book that Geoffrey had given me that morning. I was waiting for Arthur to finish getting his new armour on. It was the first time that he had had a full set of armour, and for some reason I had to be there to see it, even though I didn't particularly care.

I looked up as Arthur's door was pushed open. I looked over and saw it was Morgana, and I smiled widely. "Have you been here the whole time?" Morgana asked, and I giggled, nodding my head. "Arthur's getting his set of armour today and apparently I have to be here." I said, a light blush forming on my cheeks as Morgana gave me a knowing look.

She came over and sat in another chair around the table. "Why were you looking for me anyway?" I asked her, wanting to steer the conversation away from Arthur, considering he was only in the next room. "I was wondering if you wanted to have lunch together, Arthur as well, it's been a while since we all ate together at lunch, consider that we aren't required to anymore." She said.

I smiled at her, and nodded. "That would be nice." I said, and smiled as Gwen also entered the room. Out the corner of my eye I saw her and Morgana share a look and Gwen nodded her head slightly. I was slightly confused, but ignored it as Alice came in as well. I smiled at her and was going to say something, but was interrupted by the other door opening.

I smiled as Arthur walked out, fully decked in his armour, and his sword on his hip. His face dropped slightly, when seeing that there were other people in the room, but it was only for a second. "What do you think?" Arthur said, puffing his chest out, looking over at me. I bit down on my lip, staring at the man in front of me, completely missing his question.

"Oh god, I look absolutely terrible, don't I." Arthur said, slumping his shoulders, and leaning against his bed post. "Uhh... no, no, y-you... you look great, um, it really suits you." I stuttered out, my face heating up, and my eyes averted Arthur's. I sneaked a glance at the prince and he was smiling at me. "You look terrible Arthur." Morgana said, chuckling.

I looked up at Arthur and saw that he was rolling his eyes. "And that is why I didn't ask you to come, Morgana, at least I'll get an honest answer out of Lizzie." He said, looking over at me, and I blushed again. "Yeah, honest." Morgana said, pushing her shoulder into me, making me blush harder.

"W-well, if we are going to eat lunch together, I-I need to umm... give this book back to Geoffrey, I'll meet you two in my room, there's more space." I said, getting up and grabbing my book. I started walking out the door, before Arthur started talking. "Yeah, I need to show father my armour, so I'll do that and then I'll be right there." He said, coming over and I smiled at him as we stood in the doorway together.

We stood there for a few seconds, just staring at each other, before we both moved away. "Wait! You guys aren't allowed to move yet." Morgana yelled, before we had the chance to leave. I turned to look at her, my eyebrows furrowed, what did she mean. "Do you want something Morgana?" Arthur asked her, and she smirked at us.

"I want you both to follow the rules." She said, giggling, and sharing a look with the other two girls. I was still confused, but I managed to catch Morgana glimpse at the top of the doorway. I followed her gaze, and my breath caught in my throat as I recognised the plant that was hanging above us. It was a small clump of Mistletoe (A/N, don't know if this tradition was around then, but I know that they knew about the plant, and it has special meaning for them.). Morgana must have picked it from the gardens as I knew some grew in there for Gaius.

I looked at Morgana and she smirked at me. I let out a sigh, and tugged at Arthur's shirt. "What?" He asked, turning to me. I didn't say anything, just looked up at the plant which was above us. "Oh." Was all Arthur said. I let my head down, to look at him, only just being able to make eye contact.

"W-we don't have to, i-if you don't want to. I-It's just some silly, old tradition." Arthur said, rubbing the back of his neck. I blushed, and shook my head. "I-It's okay, as you said, it's tradition." I said, stuttering slightly, not looking at Arthur. I felt a hand under my chin, and Arthur lifted my head, so my eyes met his. He was now closer to me, and I could feel his breath on his face.

My eyes flickered down to his lips as we leant in and closed the gap between us. As soon as our lips touched, a feeling of pure bliss coursed through my body. His lips fit perfectly on mine. My arms made their way up the front of his chest, and I blushed at the feeling of his lightly toned chest. I wrapped my arms around his neck, and I could feel his hands, lightly grace my hips.

It felt as though I was there for hours, but after a few seconds, we broke away from each other. I looked up at Arthur, and he looked slightly dazed. I took a deep breath, and took a small step away from him. "Uhh, umm..." I stuttered out, not being able to force any words out.

"That was..." Arthur started, but he didn't finish. "...good?" I asked in a small voice, hoping that he felt the same thing I did. Arthur's head whipped up to meet mine, and his face broke into a relieved smile. "Uh, yeah." He breathed out, and I blushed, looking down at my feet. "Come on guys, we want to have lunch, didn't both of you have somewhere to be."

I was broken out of my trance by Morgana speaking up. I blushed as I realised that her, Alice, and Gwen were all watching that kiss. "Umm... yeah." Arthur said in a distracted voice, before sending me a small smile and walking away, and down the hall. I took another deep breath and realised that I was still in the same spot.

I really didn't want to have Morgana teasing me, so I didn't look at the trio of girls in the room, instead walking down the hall to the library. I wasn't paying much attention as I walked through the castle, and I was glad when Geoffrey wasn't in the library. I placed the book on his desk, and started walking towards my chambers.

Once I got there Morgana was already sitting there, and there were three plates of lunch. I went over and sat down, not looking Morgana in the eyes. "I told you. Arthur is completely devoted." She said, as I sat down, and I looked up at her. "Y-You put that Mistletoe there?" I asked, confused. "Well, technically Alice and Gwen put it there, but it was my idea." Morgana said, and I rolled my eyes at her.

I should have known something like this would happen, Morgana would go to any length to prove that her point was correct, and I'd already been a victim to this multiple times, although this time I was slightly more thankful for her intervention. I took a few breaths and was about to say something, but the door opened and Arthur stepped into the room.

Our eyes met, and we both averted them, I looked down at the food in front of me, listening to Arthur's footsteps coming closer. He pulled out a chair and sat down. We then all started eating. There was a thick tension in the air, and I could tell we all felt it, as there was no talking during the entirety of lunch.

"Well, as...fun... as this was, I have duties to attend to, have a good afternoon." Morgana said, briskly walking out the room, with Gwen close on her heels. I looked over at Arthur, and he gave me a weak smile. "A-Alice, do you mind?" I looked up at her and she gave me a warm, comforting smile, before nodding and walking out the room.

I turned in my chair to face Arthur. "Look, before you say anything, Lizzie, I really like you, okay, and that kiss earlier, meant something to me, and I don't care if you're not eighteen yet, we can keep it a secret from father, and as soon as you turn eighteen we will tell father, and we can court officially, that-that is if-if you want to." He said, getting out of his chair, coming over to me, and perching on the table.

I stared at him, and I could see that there was no sign of lying in his eyes. "Yes." Was the only thing I managed to choke out, tears filling my eyes. I stood up, and leaned in closer to Arthur. "Yes." I whispered again, and built up all my courage, before pressing my lips against his. I melted into him, and we stood there for a few minutes. I pulled away after a while due to the lack of breath. I kept my eyes closed, however, and placed my forehead against his.

"We have to be really careful, if father has any suspicions that we've done something before my eighteenth birthday, he'll be furious, and I'm pretty sure I'll never be able to see you again." I said, my voice coming out as a whisper. "I promise that won't happen." Arthur whispered, before he reconnected our lips.