Problem and Solution

Lauren's POV

I walk into the deli and see Zayn and Liam already at a table. I walk over to them and sit next to Liam. "What happened?" I ask in a lowered voice.

"A letter arrived this morning from Sir David saying that the carriage holding the slaves was caught leading into Kentucky," Zayn speaks in a lowered voice.

"And what happened to the slaves?" I asked.

"Punished, taken in, and are going to be re-sold," Liam speaks next.

"And who caught them?" I ask.

"One of Colonel Aquila's men," Zayn says.

"So far they do not know who was helping the slaves escape," Liam says.

"They are all fairly loyal to us," I said.

"But what if they recognize it is our slaves?" Zayn asks.

"I erased any status to show that we bought them. The only evidence is in my estate in a locked box hidden in a secret compartment," I said.

"What if Aquila re-sells them himself and recognizes them?" Zayn asks.

"We bought all of them about a year ago, Colonel Aquila sells about a thousand slaves a month I do not think he will recognize them," I said.

"Sir David also said in his letter that he knows where they took them. They are bringing them back here to Florida," Zayn says.

"Some slaves were able to get away and they were able to reach Sir David's estate," Liam says.

"Once the slaves are brought back to Florida I will buy them all and give them sanctuary," I said.

"Do not do this all by yourself, we are in this with you," Zayn says and Liam nods beside me.

"I do not want you guys to get punished for helping slaves escape," I said.

"We are this together. We knew the consequences that are going to come when we decided to help slaves," Liam says.

"We dragged you in, Lauren, if anything it is our fault," Zayn says.

"But I am the one financing everything. I will get the biggest consequences and bring everybody down that is helping us," I said.

"We will stand by you till death," Liam squeezes my shoulder.

I look out the window to see the sun starting to set. "The sun is starting to set, I need to get back to the estate," I stand up. The boys follow me out to my carriage and I turn around to face them. "Keep me updated on the situation," I said.

"Yes, ma'am," Liam and Zayn bow down.

I curtsy then turn around to face Mr. Gosling and speak, "Did you get all of the supplies?"

"Of course, Miss Jauregui," Mr. Gosling smiles.

I hold my hand out to Mr. Gosling and he helps me into the carriage.

Camila's POV

I walk into the kitchen to see all of the servants chatting away. They all quiet down when they see me by the doorway.

"Welcome into the kitchen, Miss Camila," Mr. Tomlinson speaks first.

"Thank you, Mr. Tomlinson," I smiled.

"Louis or Sir Louis, whatever you wish to call me," He says.

"Is this where all the servants gossip?" I smiled.

"We all eat together here as well," Mr. Styles speaks.

"Gives me company while I cook dinner," An unfamiliar dark-skinned man speaks.