Aztec Family Reunited

Camila's POV

I stare at Lauren, who avoids making eye contact with any of us before my eyes drift over to the Brigadier General's tortured body.

"Sinuhe," My dad brushes past me.

"Alejandro," My mom says.

My parents embrace as I move closer to the Brigadier General that is tied to the table, as I take a closer look at what Lauren did to him.

"Shawn," I hear my dad.

I hear them hug, patting each other on the backs as I look at Lauren, or I don't know who I am looking at.

"What has gotten into you?" I speak lowly.

"If I am to go to hell for what I did to them, then at least they will suffer there with me," Lauren finally speaks, like if she has finally heard us.

"Lauren-"

She makes her way out of the tent before I can say anything else to her.

"That girl is brutal," My mother speaks.

"This is normally not how she is," I said.

Brigadier Flores clears his throat awkwardly and turns to Lauren's men. "We should leave the newly reunited family alone," He says.

He and the men leave the tent as I avoid glancing over at the dead body on the table, showcasing how brutal Lauren can truly be.

"Is she your owner?" My mom asks.

"No," I shake my head.

"What-"

"She is my lover," I said, cutting my mom off.

I can tell there is a shocked expression on my mother's face.

"Your former owner is your lover?" My mom speaks.

"Yes, and I love her with all my might. I know why she does these things. These people took everything she ever cared for away from her. But she is losing herself," I said.

"She is not. Tell me, would you have not done the same thing if we were taken away from you?" My mom walks to be in front of me.

"I would have done worse," I said.

"See, you understand her, now?" My mom says.

"Yes. But Lauren is good. She is a lady that everyone respects, she should be no killer," I said.

"Nothing feels better than taking revenge with your own hands. Especially for family," My mom says.

"Maybe," I said.

"Go on. Talk to her," My mom says.

"But mom we-"

"We have plenty of time together," My mom cuts me off.

I nod and stand up as I make my way out of the tent and towards Brigadier Flores.

"Hey, Brigadier. Did you see where Miss Jauregui went?" I ask.

"To the nursing tent. To clean off the blood," Brigadier Flores says.

"Thank you," I nod.

I make my way over and slightly pull the flap back as I step in. 

Lauren is undressed, cleaning off the blood, her back turned away from me.

"My mother made me realize something," I speak.

Lauren turns to face me and I avoid eyeing her completely nude form.

"I would be doing the same thing you are. I will be even more ruthless... If my family was taken away from me..." I trail off.