Brother And Sister

"No... Papi... They could not have taken Shawn..." Camila told her father.

"Sadly they did, mija," Alejandro frowns.

"Why?" Camila cries.

"Because they know that you and your brother are my weakness," Alejandro says.

"We have to get him back," Camila says.

"We will, mija, we will. I promise," Alejandro says.

They hear leaves cracking and their defense immediately goes up.

"Who is out there?" Alejandro shouts.

"I am sorry for assuming. I thought you guys will be happier to see me," Shawn steps into view.

"Shawn!" Camila's face lights up.

"Camila," Shawn smiles.

Camila's POV

I run over to my brother and jump into his arms as he catches me, holding me close.

"I have missed you so much. I was so worried," Shawn mumbles into my hair.

"I was so worried too," I said.

"I will leave you guys alone," Lauren says behind me.

"No, stay," I said.

Lauren nods and stays standing behind us as I turn to look back at Shawn.

"Why are you here?" I ask.

"As the Colonel sold all of you, he kept me to himself. I am always by his side," Shawn says.

"Do you know anything about mom, dad?" I ask.

"No. But I am trying to figure anything out," Shawn says.

"We can help each other," Lauren speaks up.

"What do you mean?" Shawn looks at her.

"I do not have enough time to explain but I am helping Camila find her family while trying to take down the Elite Circle," Lauren says.

"The Major's death... You guys killed him," Shawn lowers his voice.

"We did," I nod.

"How can I help then?" Shawn asks.

"Figure out where the other members of the Elite Circle are," Lauren speaks up.

"How will I be able to contact you guys?" Shawn asks.

"Do not worry. I have contacts everywhere, some even in the Confederate Army even two soldiers in the small group of soldiers the Colonel brought," Lauren says.

"Oh. Can you pass me that information then?" Shawn says.

"Of course," Lauren says.

She disappears inside then comes back out with a piece of paper in her hand.

"These are the names of the soldiers," Lauren says.

"Thank you, Miss Jauregui," Shawn says.

"Shawn!"

"That is the Colonel," Shawn lowers his voice.

"Will I ever see you again?" I ask.

"We will stay here for another day. I will like to take you out but I do not know if you can," Shawn glance at Lauren.

"Do not, Shawn. Lauren is okay, she and Mr. Beckham along with some of her friends are the only slave owners you can trust," I said.

"What do you mean?" Shawn asks confused.

"If you can sneak out from underneath the Colonel's nose, I will inform you about everything," Lauren speaks.

We hear the Colonel yell my name again and I fix the musket around my shoulder.

"I should go. I will see if I can sneak out tonight," Shawn says.

"See you. Hopefully," I said.

I quickly hug my brother and he hugs me back, we both savoring it before Shawn pulls away.

He walks back inside and I feel a tear roll down my cheek.

"He will be okay," Lauren speaks softly.

"I know he will be. If you think I am a survivor, he is equally or even more of one," I said.