Aid From The Union

Camila's POV

We stopped at some points to set camp the last few nights and now we are in Kentucky.

Lauren will rent out a place for us to stay and we wait until we hear back from the General of the Union before attacking the camp.

I lean back against the carriage wall as Lauren plants firm, searing kisses all over my neck.

"Lauren..." I whisper.

"I am dying to touch you, my love," Lauren mumbles.

"Touch me then," I challenge.

"No you rocked the carriage last time," Lauren laughs.

"Me? You started to rub yourself against me," I say.

Lauren rolls her eyes and pulls away to kiss my lips. "I am not going to let you leave the bedroom when we arrive," She says.

"I hope you do not," I smile.

Lauren pulls away completely once the carriage starts to slow down before coming to a full stop.

"We have arrived I'm guessing," I said.

"Yeah. Stay in here while I pay the owner so we can stay here for a few days," Lauren says.

The carriage doors open, revealing Sir Tom as he helps Lauren out.

Sir Tom leaves the door open and a few seconds later, my dad enters, closing the door behind him.

"Hello, father," I smile.

"Hello, my princess. You and Miss Jauregui are deep in your relationship are you not?" Alejandro smiles.

"Yes, father. I have never loved someone as fiercely as I love her," I said.

"You know, I have been thinking," Alejandro says.

"About what, father?" I ask.

"I have named you Chieftess of the Aztecs but you still need to be coronated. If Lauren shall like to, as my final act of Chief, I will welcome her into the Aztec tribe," Alejandro says.

"She will accept it father, but we have been talking... We want to move up to a free state after all of this is over. I want to belong in her world," I say.

"Then that will make you not eligible as Chieftess since you will not be present," Alejandro says.

"Name Shawn Chief of the Aztecs. He deserves it just as much as I," I said.

"He does. I am not disappointed. I am happy for you. I love seeing that glow in your eyes. It is the same one I see in your mother's when we are together," Alejandro says.

"The tribe should move up with us, father," Camila says.

"If there are any of us left... It will be Shawn's decision," Alejandro says.

"And if there is none of us left?" I frown.

"We will not talk about that, not now. But if there is not... We, your family, will move up with you. We stay together. Tribe or no tribe," Alejandro says.

He moves aside the collar of my dress and traces the tattoo on my collarbone, just like the one he has.

"But this tattoo connects us," Alejandro says.

"Father... Will we ever find mother? I have not heard of a single thing about where she could be," I said.

"We will find her. And if we can, we will free Shawn," Alejandro says.

"Colonel Aquila keeps him firmly by his side. He never allows him to wander off for long," Camila says.

"I will gut Colonel Aquila down," Alejandro says.