Saddle Up

"You cannot live in fear, honey..."  Camila's father told her as he helped her mount his horse.

"Papi, do you believe I can ride Dasan by myself?" Fifteen-year-old Camila questioned.

"Dasan may be the chief's horse, he is everything your father is as a chief but Dasan has a warm core," The chieftain spoke.

"Like you papi," Camila smiled at her father.

"And if you had a horse, how will you name him or her?" Her father asked his daughter.

"Cheveyo if it were a boy. It means spirit warrior," Camila said.

"When the time comes he will be your spirit warrior, my lovely," Camila's father took one of her hands in his big one.

Camila's POV

The next morning, I walk over to the stables and enter to already see Sir Harry bathing the horses. "Sir Harry, good morning to you," I said.

"Miss Camila, good morning to you as well, what brings you here?" He throws me a smile.

"Miss Jauregui ordered me to check in on everybody," I said.

"So she has finally put you to work?" Sir Harry laughs.

"Does everybody get a day off on their first day?" I said and approach the horse Sir Harry is washing and stroke its wet mane.

"To your obligations Miss Camila," Sir Harry says.

"I wanted to ask you for a favor as well," I lowered my voice.

"What kind of favor?" Sir Harry lowers his voice.

"I need a horse so I can escape," I said.

"Escape? But, why?" Sir Harry questions.

"I cannot stay here. The longer I take the more my family can be getting hurt," I said.

"Miss Camila, Sir Louis and I told you to take this matter straight to Miss Jauregui," Sir Harry says.

"My family is my responsibility," I said.

Sir Harry sighs as he debates it over in his head. "I do not know if I can do this, I am very loyal to Miss Jauregui," He says.

"Please Sir Harry, I would not mention that you helped me," I plead.

Sir Harry slowly strokes the horse on the neck and nods. "Okay, I will help you, what time and I will meet you," He says.

"One hour right after everybody has fallen asleep," I said.

"Okay, I will bring a horse to the hedge garden," He says.

I gently grip his wrist which made him look me directly in the eyes. "Please do not double-cross me, you and Sir Louis are the only ones right now that I trust," I said.

"I am a man of my word. I will not double-cross you," He says. Sir Harry sighs and turns to face me. "All I am saying is that you may or may not get far, nothing gets past Miss Jauregui," He says.

"It is not the first time I have escaped from someone," I said.

"What do you mean?" He asks curiously.

"I have been captured by rival tribes before trying to get information out of me," I inform.

"You have been tortured?" He asks.