Failed Attempt

Lauren's POV

A rapid knocking was heard on my bedroom door and I slowly get up from my bed. Who in the living hell is knocking like this on my door in the middle of the night? I open my door to see a fidgety Mr. Efron.

"Mr. Efron, what is the matter?" I ask.

"Miss Jauregui I was making my round around the grounds and I stumbled across the stable and-"

"Get to the point Mr. Efron," I interrupt.

"A horse is missing," He says.

"What?!" I let out a little too loud.

He flinches, "We do not know how."

"Get Mr. Styles and Mr. Somerhalder and tell them to mount a horse, I will meet them," I said.

"Yes, ma'am," He nods and ushers away.

I quickly change into my riding gear as another knock is heard on my door. I open it to see Miss Dobrev on the other side. "What is wrong Miss Dobrev?" I ask.

"Miss Jauregui, Miss Cabello is missing," She informs.

"Miss Cabello is missing?" My jaw drops.

"Yes," She nods.

"Explains the missing horse," I mumbled. I rub my temple letting out a frustrated sigh. Goddamn, you Miss Cabello. "Excuse me, Miss Dobrev," I step aside as I brush past her.

I throw the front door open and walk out towards the stables. Mr. Styles takes out Frances and I mount her as I stroke her mane. "Hey, girl," I whispered.

Mr. Somerhalder rides up next to me and Mr. Styles mounts his horse.

"Let us go," I said. I squeeze Frances' sides and she takes off. I hold onto her reins hard, Frances is a fast horse and she could throw you off if you hold on tight. "Whoa!" I demand.

Frances slows down and Mr. Styles and Mr. Somerhalder pull up beside me.

"Okay Mr. Styles you go right, Mr. Somerhalder you go left, I will go straight ahead. If you find her then we will round up together here," I ordered.

"What signal?" Mr. Styles asks.

"Two whistles," I said.

Both boys take off at their assigned sides as I squeeze Frances' sides and she takes off straight ahead.

Camila's POV

I look back as I draw my bow and arrow, one hand still held onto Cheveyo's reins. I have a feeling I am being followed so I squeeze Cheveyo's sides and he takes off faster. "Come on Cheveyo we are almost out," I whispered.

I hear hoofs of another horse and I raise my bow and arrow. "Who is out there?" I call out. "Whoa, boy!" I command Cheveyo.

Cheveyo comes to a halt as he slowly walks around in a circle.

"Who is out there?!" I call out again.

"Miss Camila," Someone emerges from the trees.

I point my bow and arrow at the silhouette as I raise my voice, "Come into the light."

He moves into the light that the moon provides to reveal Sir Harry. "Sorry for scaring you," He spoke softly.

"What are you doing?" I move closer to him so I'm now in front of him.

"Miss Jauregui is out here looking for you," He says.

"But how?" I ask.

"I forgot to tell you that when Miss Jauregui gets a new slave she puts one of the men on the watch at night," Sir Harry says.