The Princess

"Papi, if you are the chief and my mother is the chieftess then what am I and Shawn?" Camila asks her father.

"Well, in a tribe, the children of the chief are called the prince or the princess. So mi niña, you are the princess of the tribe, my little princesa," Alejandro says.

Camila smiles as she embraces her father. "I love you papi," Camila says.

"I love you too mi princesa," Alejandro says.

Camila's POV

I wake up and look out the window to see the snowfall outside, the window foggy with coldness.

I turn to my other side to see Lauren sleeping peacefully beside me. The last two days we've been loving each other, sleeping in the bed together but all in secret. Does it bother me? It does but I understand why. I check the time on the clock and I get up as I start to get changed.

"Do not tell me it is time for you to go," I hear Lauren mumble.

I smile and walk over to her side of the bed. "I wish I did not have to," I said.

Lauren sits up and cups my cheek as she slowly caresses it. "I will see you at breakfast," She says.

"When we will leave for Miami?" I ask.

"In a week. I still have some matters to attend to with Sir David," Lauren says.

"Can we enjoy the snow once breakfast is done?" I ask hopefully.

"Of course," Lauren smiles.

Lauren's POV

After changing I walk into the living room to see the men talking over some drinks.

"Is it not quite early to be drinking?" I speak.

"Ah, Lauren, morning. Breakfast will be ready in a moment," Sir David smiles at me.

I return his smile and turn to Mr. Somerhalder, Mr. Efron, and Mr. Neverson. "We will remain here for another week," I inform.

"Yes, ma'am. Do you need us to send out word to the estate?" Mr. Neverson asks.

"I can have my messenger be right on that. If Miss Lauren requests to," Sir David speaks.

"Please, do," I said.

Sir David nods, setting his drink down, and stands up to fetch his messenger.

I move and sit down where Sir David was as I look over to see that the men are looking at me. "Is something the matter?" I ask.

"Mr. Beckham was discussing a topic with us, Miss Jauregui," Mr. Somerhalder speaks.

"Dare I ask what it was about?" I ask.

"Mr. Beckham prefers to discuss it with you in private," Mr. Neverson says.

"I will make sure to bring it up. Is it urgent?" I ask.

"Depends on how you will take it. We, on the other hand, are quite frightened," Mr. Efron says.

I stare blankly at the coffee table until Sir David and his messenger walking in catch my attention.

After writing my message, the messenger puts it in a fancy envelope and sets off to deliver it.

Breakfast gets announce and all the men go off to the dining room but I stop Sir David.

"My men were saying that you wanted to discuss something with me," I said.

"We can discuss it after breakfast when we are alone," Sir David says.

I nod and we walk into the dining room where I see my men and Camila already seated.

After breakfast, my men depart to do their activities as I stand up from the table.

Sir David gives me a look and walks down the hallway towards his study.

I turn to Camila and frown at her causing her to give me a worried look.

"Is something the matter?" Camila asks.

"I would not be able to join you in the snow today. Sir David has something urgent to speak with me about," I said.

Camila frowns but nods slowly. "It is okay. Go," She says.

"I will see if I could still join you when I am done if you will like," I said.

"Of course," Camila says.

I smile softly at her and walk down to where Sir David's study is.

Camila's POV

It's been about ten minutes and Lauren still hasn't come out. I'm thinking about going back in but then I feel arms wrap around my waist.

"I am sorry for taking long," Lauren says.

"All is forgiven," I said.

"What is on your mind?" Lauren asks.

"I used to be a princess, you know?" I said.

Lauren pulls away from me to stand beside me instead. "Were you now," She says.

"Of my tribe. The heir of my father. I want to go back, Lauren, I want to find my family," I said.

"And you will... Soon. I promise you on that," Lauren says. She takes my hand in hers and brings it up to kiss the back of it. "And if you want to continue being a princess you can or I can make you my queen," Lauren says.

"What?" My eyes widen.

"I am not proposing or asking you to be with me. Not yet. But you, if you desire, can be my queen," Lauren says.

"I suppose I gladly accept," I smile.

Lauren smiles and pulls me closer to her, pecking my lips over and over again making me laugh at the ticklish feeling.

I smile brightly and rest my forehead against hers. "So, what did Mr. Beckham want to discuss with you?" I ask.

Lauren stiffens as she pulls away from me slightly making me furrow my eyebrows in worry.

"What did he say, Lauren?" I ask.

She chews on her lower lip, looking out at the snowy fields before looking back at me. "Colonel Aquila will be arriving here in Tennessee with a small group of soldiers in one day," Lauren says.