The Chief

Alejandro's POV

My owner pushes me down to my knees as one of his men removes the chains from my wrists and ankles.

"You are up, barbarian," My owner says.

I clench my fists so tight, causing them to shake, as I don't move at all.

My owner lets out an impatient sigh and kicks his foot up my chin causing my head to snap back.

"It is every night with you. Forget it, you are not a chief anymore!" My owner yells. He turns to his men. "Just drag him out. People paid good money to see him tonight," He says.

Three muscular, big, tall guys pick me up as they drag me out to the ring.

They throw me inside as the crowd cheers at the sight of me under the spotlight.

My opponent of that night enters the ring as the announcer begins to speak.

I clench and unclench my fist as I glare at my opponent. I hate my owner but at least these fistfights help getting my anger out, it helps to imagine the Colonel's face.

Once the announcer is finished, he steps out and I immediately launch myself at my opponent.

I land three hard punches on him, blood already pooling out of his nose as he throws a punch but I dodge.

I twist in a circle so I can be behind him as I land solid punches to his ribs.

After landing more punches on my opponent, the fight ended as quickly as it began.

"And still your fistfight champion, The Barbarian," The announcer says.

The crowd cheers as my owner's men enter the ring and drag me out.

They bound my wrists and ankles in chains again as they lock me in my cell.

I sit down on the stone, dirty floor as I press my back against the wall. Now that I'm finally alone, I let my tears fall as my mind goes back to my family. My wife, my son, my daughter. I don't know anything about them... If they are dead or alive? And if they are alive, I can't help but think how much they may be suffering.

"Thinking about your family again?"

I look beside me to see another fighter beside me, he's a dark-skinned man.

"Yes," I said.

"Listen best to accept that they may be dead and if not, they are suffering just as much as you or worse," The dark-skinned man says.

"Did you use to be out there right? With a different slave owner?" I ask.

"Yeah, almost killed me just because I left a tool out in the field," The dark-skinned man says.

"I swear if I ever get out of here I will murder every single one of them," I said.

"That is every slaves' dream," The dark-skinned man says.

"Once I reunite my family we will kill every man in the Elite Circle and then to rebuilding my tribe," I said.

"I can help you escape if only you promise the same thing," The dark-skinned man says.

"It is a deal," I smiled.

"Thank you, my fellow slave brother," The dark-skinned man smiles.