ꜱɴᴀᴛᴄʜ'ᴇᴍ!

⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: . ☽

As they traipsed along the shore, the fine-grained sand ran coarsely between their toes as they spoke, unaware of the world spinning around them.

Lyra was hugged by an old t-shirt of Fred's, although it was absolutely soaked and if anything made her colder. Her damp hair dripped water down her back, tensing up every time her pastel skin was glazed by the chilly droplets. Unlike Fred, who had immensely gangly legs, Lyra's legs where shorter, she struggled to walk efficiently through the treacherous sand.

"I keep sinking!" She laughed, squinting to see the Shell Cottage not too far down the stretch. "It's because you weren't blessed with height, love. Do you need me to carry you?" He smiled, his eyes tracing her as she trembled behind him, sending him a glare. "We both know why your legs are shattering like glass panes, Ly" He flexed his arms jokingly, "I'm a unit."

"Your ego's bigger than your dick, Weasley."

As soon as the words parted from her lips, she knew she was in trouble. "Shit."

Fred's eyebrows where raised, blinking heavily in astonishment. She tried to run, the sand dragging her down. She made it halfway to The Shell Cottage, and she could of swore Fred had given her a head start, but she was wrong- he dived from behind her, pinning her against the sand as she wheezed in a fit of regret. He tickled her, the screaming and unstoppable giggling only encouraging him more.

"FREDERIC GIDEON, s-s-BLOODY HELL STOP!" Her head fell back, a booming uprise of laughter echoing across the beach. She tried to wriggle her way out, but Fred had a leg either side of her- there was escape. His face sparkled with fulfilment as he watched her struggle. Eventually he stopped, cautious she would explode or wee herself.

"You deserved that" he raised an eyebrow, expecting agreement, "Tell me you didn't deserve that." He leaned back, his elbows digging into the sand, she crawled forwards until she was inches away from his face- their breaths joined.

Lines formed on his forehead as he gave his signature Fred Weasley I'm right your wrong look.

"Mm."

"What was that? I think you stuttered, darling."

"Fred..." She spoke quietly, her lips parting as her eyes focused into the distance.

"I'm not going to fall for that, Lovegood."

She didn't respond, her eyes following and tracing over something in the distance. Her breathing became ragged, "Ly, what's it?"

He turned, his chest tightening and jaw clenching. A group of three tall, despicable looking men where strutting across the beach towards the cottage. "Snatchers, fuck! We need to leave."

"What about the cottage? We can't abandon it" She worried. He grabbed her wrist, pulling her up and wrapping a hand around the small of her back defensively. "Our wands are there, listen... I'll go and you stay here. I'll bring the port-key." She grabbed him as he left, turning him to her. "Your fucking crazy, I'm coming with you."

~*~

The snatchers where over the top of the grassy hill, doing some sort of meeting, as the pair snook towards the cottage. "You grab the stuff from upstairs, I'll get it from down here" Lyra instructed, aware of the little time they had before the snatchers came for them.

He nodded, sprinting up the stairs as she gathered their belongings into her enchanted bag. She jumped into a pair of Fred's joggers laying nearby and left on her damp bikini top, her curly wet hair dripping onto the floorboards. Fred jumped down the flight of stairs, fiddling with the locks on the cabinets. "Come on, the port key's further down the beach. Stick by me, okay?"

They shut the door softly behind them, Lyra stood behind as Fred used the double lock to secure the building. "Hello, beautiful." Lyra gasped, swirling around to see Scabior leaning up against an old beam. Fred turned, stepping in-front of Lyra.

She noticed Fred's wand in his back pocket, discretely pulling it from the grasp and aiming it at the snatcher. His army of snatchers where now marching towards him, as backup. "Stupefy" Lyra struck Scabior, pushing Fred as they leapt into a sprint down the beach hand in hand. "Snatch em!" She caught Scabior yelling, afraid to turn back.

But the snatchers where close behind, Lyra swore her legs had never moved so quickly, almost as-if she was about to hurl over herself. She wasn't the speediest, but she had stamina. Fred was fit, dragging her along and almost decking her face first. "We need to apperate, but I can't until we are out the perimeter, not too far!" Fred yelled, the wind muffling him out.

They sprinted further, yelling voices burgeoning close behind them. Despite how quickly they where travelling, it seemed like slow motion. A curse hit Lyra's back, sending her plummeting down to the ground. Fred stopped, turning around to pick her back up- but it was too late. A snatcher grabbed him around his shoulders, watching as Lyra screamed in pain on the floor. "Let her go!" His voice trembled, as Scabior crouched beside her, stroking her skin up and down. "Tell that boyfriend of yours to pipe down, love. Now what's ya names?"

"Fred Weasley, take me... just let her go."
His eyes glistened as Scabior ran his finger down her face, she held in a wince as her back bled.
"Weasley... blood traitor, hm? The Ministry will love having y-"

Lyra grabbed Scabior's wrist, twisting it and catapulting him onto the sand. She leapt forward grabbing Fred for support as he kicked the others snatcher backwards and he too fell. They apperated, Greyback's clutch a millisecond away from pulling Lyra's arm back.

The Burrow.

They landed separately from each other with a splash, the swamp engulfing them as they landed. "Ly? LYRA?" Fred called, his legs dragging as he searched the water. He ran his hands through his dampened locks, breathing intensely as there was no sign of Lyra.

"Fred" her weak voice sounded. He gasped, rushing over to her, she sat up as her hair flattened against her face.

She'd been severely splinched.