ʟᴇꜰᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ʀɪɢʜᴛꜱ

⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: . ☽

As Fred held her in his arms, traipsing through the dank swamp, Lyra's senses faded and sunk to nothing. Remembering only the heavy breathing and constant reassurance of Fred's deep, quaky voice. She fit like a puzzle piece into his arms, she felt at peace- despite the agony caused all over her body, and the despair erupting in Fred's sobs.

As he kicked open the door, sensing his mother into a panic- Fred exploded with emotions. "It's all my fault, please help her! She's splinched, so badly."
He lay her down on the darkened red fabric sofa, kneeling impatiently as he stroked her face. Molly hastened around the burrow, vials clanking and cupboards slamming. "Lyra? Ly? Is she awake!? Mum please tell me she's okay."

"Fred, she's resting. I've never seen a splinch quite like it, she's probably been knocked out by shock."
Fred sighed, a relief washing over him, his body slumping and becoming less stiff at his mother's reassuring words. "Go make up a bed for her, the others are back tomorrow and she will do well away from the noise. When she's healed, she may still be tired and restless- this splinch is going to take some work." Fred nodded, swiftly sweeping up the stairs.

~*~

Mrs Weasley spent several hours working on all of Lyra's wounds. It seemed that the snatcher had grabbed her leg, and within the apperation process, had kept hold of it until Lyra was able to shake him off. The disturbance during the travel had caused Lyra four minor splinches, and two severe ones, aswell as her leg almost being torn off.

Lyra's eyes widened in a jolt from her sleep as she allowed the visions of the night give way for the day. Sun rays coloured the room autumnal orange and reds as bright as the backlit images of a cinema screen. Beams of light slid through the joints in the fabric of the half shut curtains, highlighting a galaxy of dust motes. She wasn't sure of which, or who's room she was in, but from the array of fabrics, and the palette of colours, she knew exactly where she was.

The Burrow.

"No, Fred. Give over, she's probably not awake yet. Stop being in such a fuss, she's fine!" Lyra couldn't help but grin ear to ear as she heard Molly's muffled scolding from under the crack of the rustic oak door. As it swung open, Molly's face enlightened at the sight of the girl.

Fred poked his head around, his pupils expanding. Her lip was busted and eyes slightly dark, wearing an old flannel shirt of his and Ginny's shorts- way too tight. But she had never been more beautiful to him. As Molly catered to her, Fred rushed to her side. "Lyra, I've been so worried. This is all my fault." Molly side eyed Lyra as Fred placed his hand over hers. "No it's not, don't be daft."

"Don't worry dear, Fred made me swear not to tell anybody about you two" he retracted his hand as his mother swooned, "I just want you to know how grateful we are that you have seen past his imperfections. Like how he doesn't know his left and rights, his annoying charm..." Molly continued, tears in her eyes.

Lyra giggled, as Fred turned his lip into a straight line. "That's quite enough, mum, thanks."
"The others will be here shortly, I will bring you any food, drink, anything! The story is covered, no one will know that you to where together" Molly clarified, nodding as she shut the door tamely on the pair behind herself.

Lyra's head fell back into the fluffy pillow, "You can't tell your left and rights then?"

"Oh don't tease me! George does that enough already. No one else even knows, damn it!"

"Don't be stupid, that's adorable. You know Freddie, you really are cute" She said in a kittenish tone, as Fred beamed up at her with an eyebrow raised. "Is that your Lavender Brown impression?"

Lyra chucked, nodding at his quick realisation, "I sometimes questioned whether she wanted Ron as a boyfriend or as a puppy."

Lavender Brown seemed like a sweet girl. But as Lyra was Ron's best friend through most of school, Lavender despised having her around him. The only two people Lyra couldn't see any good in, where Angelina and Lavender.

And she even found a hint of good in Malfoy...

Fred stood up, peering out the window as the sound of indistinct chatter approached. "They're here, I'll keep them out, you need rest." He lay another blanket on her, planting a kiss on her forehead as he made his way out. "Fred?" He stopped, turning as her pearly white teeth illuminated her face, "Thank you."

~*~

"She's upstairs? You've got to let me see her!" Hermione argued, attempting to swerve Fred. "Not now, she's sleeping. Perhaps later, come on." Hermione furrowed her eyebrows, scoffing at the boys reluctancy. As they sat along the long dinner table, Fred let his mother do the talking. "So exactly what happened?" Ginny crossed her arms.

"Lyra went off for a family gathering, and she was coming back early, she decided go back to the flat. She apperated not to diagon alley, but a mishap lead her to knockturn. A group of snatchers tried to attack her, and as she fought them off and attempted to apperate here, one grabbed her leg and was severely injured. She's resting, but she'll be okay" Molly cleared up, a well rehearsed story.

"How come Fred's back so early?" George picked.

"I got my job done quickly, came back late last night. Knew you where coming here today so thought it would be smarter to return to mum."George nodded, but he didn't seem sold.

~*~

A soft tap on the door lifted Lyra from her snooze.
"Mione!" Her dimples formed, as Hermione knelt beside her. "How are you? Fred's been fending us off but I had to see you. I'm so glad your safe. I have something to tell you, about me and Ron."
She whispered the last three lines, biting her bottom lip down as her friend's hand slapped her mouth. "No, bloody hell. No way!" She giggled, as Hermione shushed her, "You can't tell a soul! I didn't even know how enormous he was going to be."

Hermione stopped, sighing deeply in awe.

They spent half an hour chatting before Hermione left to let Lyra sleep once more.

~*~

"And I was reaching out for a golden, glistening goblet..." Ron story told with Ginny, Hermione and Harry, as Fred and George sat at the dinner table.

"Not babbling on about that old dream of yours again, Ronald?" Lyra stood at the bottom of the stairs, dressed and looking much healthier.

They rushed over to her, embracing one another.
"I'm telling you, that dream is my destiny! Im going to be a Quidditch champion!" Ron clarified, as he pulled back from a hug with Lyra.

Fred's face furrowed, as Lyra mouthed "I'm okay" to him, easing him instantly.

"Lyra, can we have a moment?" An uneasy voice came from the back, George scratched his head, walking Lyra outside to talk.