ᴛʜᴇ ʜɪꜱᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏꜰ ᴄᴇᴅʀɪᴄ ᴀɴᴅ ʟʏʀᴀ

(𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘰𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘢𝘯 𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘳𝘦 𝘧𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘩𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘓𝘺𝘳𝘢 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘊𝘦𝘥𝘳𝘪𝘤, 𝘦𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺!)

⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: . ☽

Hogwarts schools very own ruling king and queen. They reigned with such class, and everybody looked up-to them. Of course, everyone expected nothing less than for Diggory to submit himself into the tri-wizard tournament. Then again, no one expected what the harrowing outcome would perpetrate for their vastly idolised, Cedric Diggory.

Cedric Diggory and Lyra Lovegood.
Everybody craved, thrived for a relationship as strong as theirs, but did they know everything?

~*~

They met in fourth year, when a group of slytherin girls had knocked her over, he helped her pick up her textbooks- Lyra fell straight away. His wavy blonde locks and coruscating eyes swallowed her into an unhealthily vigorous trance.

Amos Diggory and Xenophillius Lovegood where in a state of ecstasy after hearing about their children's relationship, discussing wedding bells when Lyra was only fifth-teen years of age.

Every last party held at Hogwarts school centred around their relationship, wherever they where- so was everybody else. He accepted her, so everybody else did. Perchance, was this was the only reason Lyra stuck with him? For acceptance?

She was utterly overawed by the thought of being with Cedric Diggory, so much that it contradicted her prudence.
She was lying to herself the entire time.

~*~
Sixth year, 1994.

"You promised you'd spend this weekend with me, am I doing something wrong, Ced?" Cedric paced around his dorm room, running his fingers through his quiff. "I know, Lyra. No, don't say that. I'm just stressed about the tournament, can't you see that?"

"Alright, never mind" She exhaled.

The first year and a bit of their relationship was everything she expected. She truly believed she was falling in love with him, until he recklessly signed up for a life threatening tournament. He put Lyra on hold, she tolerated it- she knew nothing less.

~*~

The days flew by. She settled in her own common room, as Cedric never needed her. She wanted to be the supportive girlfriend, really. But he would lash out with her presence, he insisted it was purely because of the stress held over him by the tournament, and she believed him.

"Hey, up, lovegood! What'chu doing all alone?" One voice started. "The first task isn't too long, only a couple hours!" Fred and George entered in single file, sitting on the three seater to the left of Lyra.

She put down her books, "Yeah, I was actually just about to set off. Cedric told me to hang back, you're going now?" And so she traveled down with the twins, who collected bets from the audience.

"No, I shall... not, be betting Mr and Mr Weasley" Snape's words where stretched, his monotonous tone sending a shiver down Lyra's spine. She took a seat beside them, knowing Cedric was in the champions den. He was the first out, battling a Swedish Short-snout dragon, Lyra could've passed out watching as he became close to death multiple times. "Mind letting go now he's won, Lyra?" Fred chuckled, as she noticed her hand squeezing his arm tightly. "Oh, my god. I am so sorry!" He sniggered, as she retreated swiftly.