ʜᴏɴᴇꜱᴛʏ ɪꜱ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀ ꜱɪɴ

(TW: flashbacks of mistreatment.)

I'm worse at what I do best
And for this gift I feel blessed
Our little group has always been
And always will until the end

*・゚:*・゚: *.*:・゚ .: *・゚: .

The crackling radio hummed softly as the hungover lot sat upon the high kitchen counter, munching on their Cheeri Owls. The tension was high, and despite their awkward encounter this morning, Lyra and George's only discomfiture was by virtue of the fight between her and Angelina. She wasn't too sure why George had stayed the night, as Angelina had clearly returned to her hole. There was some things she decided where best unquestioned.

Lee hummed to the radio station, collecting and binning red cups and rubbish littered across the room.

"You know, Lyra. Even after all that alcohol, you really got up early. I mean I got up at eight, which I believed was reasonably early. Amaze me every-time" Hermione maundered, spilling milk from her spoon and flinching.

Lyra furrowed her eyebrows, knowing she woke only twenty minutes ago. The time was 11:04AM.

Her mind was to weary to function, she instead nodded, her thoughts foggy. Soon after breakfast, George vanished upstairs, and five minutes later, left without a word from the main entrance.

~*~

Lyra sat with her knees up to her chin at the base of Lee's garden, where she had conjured some canaries. Hermione's words repeated in her mind, surely she was overthinking. It seemed curious, but they where all totally bladdered- thats all.

The garden was picturesque, it was on a hill, at the bottom lay a tranquil stream, in front of at least twenty miles of wood, only separated by a shabby wooden fence. Hermione had supplied the girls with spare clothes from her bottomless bag, so Lyra fashioned some dark grey sweatpants and an off red crop top, her hair slightly wild from the rough morning.

"Nice tits!" Lee cried out, marching down the hill. The bank was steep, his legs carrying him too fast, Lyra scoffed, "They're canaries, actually" She returned sarcastically. Lee was her age, and despite their many differences, they seemed to get on well.

He knelt beside her, watching the flock, "You okay? I'm sorry about the mishap this morning."

"Oh, it's fine. I just like being alone, sometimes."

"Oops, sorry. Want me to leave?"

"Course not."

He was now watching her expression fervently.

"Did I go too far last night? With Angelina, I've never acted like that, she's a bitch, but I didn't want to hurt George. Or Fred, nobody."

He chuckled softly, shaking his head, "You're kidding? Fred told me what'she done, deserved every last punch. Deserved it since first year, you're not like her, you're different. George'll come to his senses, don't fret."

She smiled, just as Hermione and Ron came down the garden. "Time to go, Ly" She ordered, as Lee assisted Lyra up from the grass top. The birds followed her overhead, the rest of the group where gathered inside.