~12~

Aren immediately crouched down next to Kaidou and gently wrapped his arms around him, being careful just in case he didn't want to be touched. He gently shook a he sobbed,as if the sadness was taking up his whole body.

As Shun tucked his head into his friend's neck for comfort, Kuboyasu shot daggers at everyone else in the room, however most people had gone back to conversions among themselves. They acted like they didn't just not only embarrassed him, but scared him like he was some kind of show for their entertainment.

"Shun, I'm so sorry. People suck." The tall boy whispered as he held Kaidou tight to him, never wanting to let him go. The blue-haired boy was still sobbing, his make up probably running down his cheeks. People had made fun of the poor teen before, with stupid comments or laughs but this was worse.

"Kuboyasu?" Shun asked, his voice wavering after a minute or so of quiet cuddling. He spoke so quietly that only his friend could hear. Aren nodded a slight bit and rubbed Kaidou's back as support. "Do you believe in them, the Dark Reunion?"

The words suprised Aren at first but a part of him always knew he would get the question. When he first heard Shun talking about the evil force he thought it was some sort of rival gang, that Kaidou was a fellow ex-punk. Then he learnt that it was only something that Shun believed so, truthfully, no he didn't believe in them but he liked spending the time with Shun so he told him that he did.

After a brief second of thought, Aren decided it wouldn't be the time to lie to his best friend. If he just told him the truth then maybe he would be okay. If he told him he liked him it would be okay. If he told him he loved him. He took a deep breath, "Look, I don't really believe in them like you do. But I really like spending time-"

Shun cut him off by shoving his arms off of him and, for the first time since they met, looked to Aren with sadness and anger. Not just because of the bullies, but because the one person be believed trusted him had lied straight to his face.

He parted his lips to say something, tears mixed with eyeliner rolling down his cheeks, but decided against it and climbed to his feet. Aren was left in a pile on the floor tears prickling in his eyes as he gazed up at Shun, who was fiddling with his bandages. A small sentence left the boys mouth. No one could here it but Aren. No one was meant to here it but Aren.

"I thought you trusted me."

With those words, Shun ran out the front door without looking back. Kuboyasu hesitated for a second or two before deciding to sprint out after him. The cold air whacked him as he left the building, a shiver crossed his whole body.

The sky was pitch black and only a few street lamps lit up the road. It must have been raining during the party as the road sparkled with a slight bit of water. Aren didn't know the time but it must have been late as no other house lights were on.

Underneath a slightly flickering light just past the house, Kaidou was stumbling as he ran. Despite the distance, Aren could still hear how upset he was. He called out to him once or twice while running, now not caring about the sleeping people. However Shun was too far and although Kuboyasu hated to admit it, he wasn't going to turn back to him.

A rush of thoughts flooded his brain (All recorded by Saiki):

Why am I so stupid.

I lost my one good thing.

It's never going to be the same again.

He hates me.

Kuboyasu completely lost hope in chasing when he reached the middle of the road, a few noisy party guests stood outside of the house to get closer look of what was happening. The last Aren saw of Kaidou that night was when he turned a corner at the end of the road. As he did so it seemed, from where Kuboyasu was, that he had dropped something.

A small light of hope burst inside of him, if he picked it up he could give it to him at school and start a conversation. That way it wouldn't be as awkward as starting with an apology. However when he got to the end of the road he realised this wouldn't be able to fix this with a simple 'I'm Sorry'.

There in a puddle at the side of the street was Shun's red bandages.

Ah hello! I'm sorry this chapter is so short I'll try and made sure the next one is longer. Love you all xx

(I also found out that Americans dont use xx as kisses in cards and stuff. bro you guys are wild.)