Chapter 9

George's alarm quietly beeped, waking him and Cat up. George yawned, stretching, Cat did too. He sat up, looking hazily around the room. The sunkissed interior made him just want to fall asleep, maybe just pretend to be sick, lay in bed all day with Cat.

     Yeah, he thought, that sounds nice. He plopped back down on his bed, his forearms over his face. He closed his eyes. Yeah, he thought again, I think I'll do that.

He sighed, feeling his cat standing up, he made his way to George's chest. Cat started purring, flopping on his chest. He sighed, sitting back up. There was no point in missing school, even if he did hate it, he didn't hate studying.

Cat, having slid into George's lap, got up, stretched, and got off George's bed. George followed suit, stretching his arms, he dragged his legs to the bathroom.

Much like every other day, he went through his routine. Showering, brushing his teeth, then contemplating on what to wear for ten minutes, and currently, he was contemplating what to wear.

"What do you think, Cat?" He asks, looking in the mirror. He was wearing a white hoodie with a baby blue large t-shirt over it, he wore black skinny jeans again, but this time no chain. Cat mewled, George took it as a.. 'wear it'?

He shrugged, grabbing his goggled like any other day. He plopped them on his head, grabbing his school bag, slinging it over his arm.

     "GEORGE!" His mom called. George checked his phone, right on time, he thought. He shut his light off, exiting his room but leaving his door open a crack for Cat to go in and out of.

     "Coming, mum!" He shouted back, making his way to.. Oh god.. The spiral stairs. He grabbed the railing, slowly walking down the stairs. "Lets go." He said, reaching the kitchen.

     His mom nodded, grabbing her purse off the counter and putting it on her shoulder. They made their way to the garage, George quickly shutting the door quickly after he left because Cat we following him. He felt a little bad, and he missed Cat.

George stepped into the passenger side of his mom's car, feeling the heat blast in his face. Sometimes he wondered why he wore hoodies in Florida, and he never had an answer, he just kept wearing them.

     "How was the party?" His mom asked, pulling out of the drive away.

"It was fun. I crashed at Karl's like you told me to." George blatantly lied, not wanting her to be mad at his friend. His mom nodded.

"Did you meet any cute girls?" She smirked, wriggling her eyebrows. 'No, i was forced to sleep in the same bed as the person I hate more than anyone, who's also utterly attractive.' George thought, then stopped. What did he just think?

"No." He mumbled. Of course, having not really thought about his sexuality, George has slept with boys before. He topped once, with a girl. Never again. The dating aspect of it was great and all, he's been asked out many times, boys and girls. George would probably consider himself gay-- Gay, ir bisexual with a male preference.

"Sure." his mom said, rolling her eyes playfully. George mostly ignored her, too busy trying to figure himself out. He was confused, and he knew it'd just be something he would be thinking about in class all day.

"What did you and Karl do at his house?" His mom slightly pushed unknowingly, George starting to panic a bit.

"Uh.. You know, boy stuff." He stuttered, looking out the window. His mom hummed in acknowledgment.

"You know, I've got a date with someone this weekend." She smiled, shimmying her shoulders like a high school girl. This actually surprised George, she'd been single for 4 years now, and she suddenly decided to date again?