Chapter 25

George stared out of his window and watched the snow fall heavy, the candle next to him burning quietly. It was late afternoon during winter vacation, the sky already growing dark, so he had a candle next to him and his small christmas tree with soft golden lights and fake snow.

He was writing thank you letters for his best friends since they had been doing secret santa this year-- Well they did every year, but this year was special in some way. They've nearly made it, been friends sense 6th grade, and that was one of the best things thats ever happened to George.

He's written a note to both of them, but he was stuck. He didn't know what to say to this person, he hadn't talked to them since halloween, it's been fucked. He's practically avoided them like the black plague, so what was he supposed to write? Maybe he shouldn't even write it, just discard it.

'Dear Clay,
I know we haven't talked fo'

George sighed in frustration, he's written a few for people other than his two best friends. Tommy, Tubbo, their new friend Ranboo that George really likes, Sapnap and Wil. He really fucking didn't know what to write.

George erased what he already had, knowing exactly what to write. Putting his pride and ego away, he began writing, practically speedrunning the letter.

George heard his phone buzz, but he didn't stop writing. He didn't stop writing when Cat jumped up on his desk, the small cat's tail swaying off the desk as she looked out the window.

After a few minutes, he signed the note of with a 'Forever yours, George.' He didn't know if that was the best thing to put, but that was fine. He missed Clay. A lot really. George felt a bit lost, the year was almost over, which meant new years was coming up, and short after that was summer. He felt sort of nostalgic, because he knew him and all his friends would probably get split up after highschool.

Probably split up from Clay.

George didn't notice he was crying until he saw a small blotch on the snow white paper, sitting back up and wiping his eyes. He took a deep breath in, letting more tears fall-- George didn't want this to be the last time he wrote letters for his friends, or the last time they ever had a funky friday, he'd miss those for sure (Even if they did make George look stupid sometimes).

Then, it hit him. One last party of the year. First time he'd ever go since he hated the boy previous years back, but he could go to Clay's Christmas party.

George smiled to himself through tears, wiping them away with his fist as he watched the snowfall with Cat. One last party for the year, one last try to make amends and move on, one last test for his maturity.

He hated to admit it, but he was hellishly excited.

•»

Three days before Christmas.

The boy looked at himself in the mirror, trying to decide wether he wanted to wear the stupid reindeer horns with lights on them. Something caught his eye, he reached over to them, grabbing it by the headband.

He put the reindeer ears aside, putting a small christmas tree on his head with cute little lights, lighting up in red and green. George smiled at that, ironic, right?

George ran downstairs, seeing his mom sitting on the couch, the big tree being a new addition to their humble abode. George forgot how much he loved this time of year, really.

"Are you ready, mom?" George mumbled, seeing the sky darkening. His mom looked up, looking over George's outfit. It was simple, just a simple ugly Christmas sweater and some jeans. Not the fanciest, but how fancy was he supposed to be?