Chapter 7

Chapter 7

I am definitely not by the lockers. Thankfully I am still in the hall. I turn around. My nose nearly brushes a slimy green bulk. Shocked, I back away nearly making myself trip over a figure on the ground. Bianca lies there on the floor a hand outstretched reaching for mine. Words start forming on her lips. Quickly bend down putting a finger over her lips urging her to stay quiet. She seems to get the message.

I take her hand helping her up. Now face to face she smiles. Not some fake one but one REAL smile. I have to look twice to make sure I wasn't seeing things.

Ok, this is definitely a dream.

Just as quickly as it came the smile vanishes. Her face goes blank staring at something behind me. Slowly I turn around, I have a feeling I already know what it is. The creature stands mere inches away from my face. The stink wafts towards me making me want to double over gagging. Biana yanks my hand down towards the ground. It takes all my strength to not fall onto the floor. Instead, I nearly step on Biana who had fallen onto the ground yet again, and jump over her hitting the floor with a loud "Oof!". Now it was Bianca who was closest to the creature, monster, beast, whatever you want to call it. I don't have time to think, I act.

My body moves like the flash, I grab Bianca's hand. The creature pounces, it's clawed swiping at Bianca's ankle trying to latch on. Bianca screeches in pain. My yell drowns out her own "Into the next hallway!". The blinding light blankets Bianca, and me. Just like before, the light fades and I find myself in the next hallway. A wave of sleepiness washes over me urging me to lie down and take a nap. I shake my head. No, you need to stay awake.

Wait, ain't I already asleep?

Bianca groans on the floor next to me. Her hands clutching her ankle. I move a little closer for a better look. A long jagged line cuts into her skin from her calf down to just above her ankle. Scarlet blood oozes from her cut. The line itself is a deep deep red leaving me to wonder if the cut reached her bone.

I gasp, the gash on her leg reminds me of my very own, the pain from the gash on my back comes in full force. I have to clap a hand over my mouth to stop from crying out. My back throbs, coming in waves.

"Is it really that bad" Bianca looks at me, a concerned look on her face. 

Clearing my throat I respond, "No not too bad, you just got a long scratch, but it's not that deep" I say, hoping that she doesn't look down at her ankle and realize that I'm lying.

I try getting up, a sharp stabbing pain makes me yell and fall back to the floor. "Are you all right?". I turn around so Bianca has a full few on my back. A small gasp comes from behind me but it didn't come from Bianca's mouth. I turn around. Annie steps out of the shadows. Cautiously making her way over to us. Once stopping in front of us other figures step out into the light. Thomas, James, and Julie. They all looked shocked like they just saw a ghost or something. Well, I did just teleport with light.

"We need to leave," Annie says. "How are we supposed to get Bianca out of her''? "She can't walk," I pointed out. "No, I can do it" I turned back to Bianca, a determined look set straight onto her face. "But your hurt," Julie says. 

"No, I can do it, but I might need a little help to keep the weight off of my foot though". At this Thomas and James help Bianca to her feet, each of them hoisting one of Bianca's arms over their shoulder.

Once Bianca's to her feet Annie turns back to me to help me get up. Annie steers clear of touching my wound but it hurts all the same. I clamp my mouth shut to keep from making a sound. Slowly we make our way down the hallway. Gritting my teeth the whole time, tears stinging at the edge of my eyes, threatening to spill down my cheeks.

A crashing noise comes from behind me. Turning around the creature comes around the corner, slipping and sliding on the floor trying to skid to a stop. It rams into the wall on the far side of the hallway. Smacking the lockers, denting them inward to shape the monstrous body of the creature.

Oh no.

Annie clings to my arm, her hands slightly shaking, betraying the calm expression she plastered onto her face. I hobble as fast as I can away from the creature, not minding where I end up, just as long as I am as far away from that thing as I can possibly be. My back screams at me to stop and rest, I ignore it as best I can. The pain protests and I crumble to the ground.

I'm tired, I'm hurting, I want to go to sleep, and somehow, someway, I need to keep going. I can't walk, and I know that I can't teleport again. It will drain me (I don't know how I know that but I do). The dream that I had last night comes back to me and it clicks.

Ah. Yes, that's what I will do.