Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Ms. Paterson looks over at me and smiles, "Yes Megan, that's me" her voice is deeper and smooth, it flows like water as it is poured out of her mouth. My jaw drops, that is definitely not Mr. Paterson's voice. Since it isn't hers, then who's is it?

"W-what?", "H-who are y-you?" I stammer. My hands tremble as I weakly clutch the arm of one of my friends. My breath quickening at every second.

Ms. Paterson just smiles at me. After a few seconds "This is who I am" she whispers quietly. 

Her legs and arms lengthen, her face sharpens showing her jaw. The chubby lines of fat under her chin disappears leaving a smoother, younger appearance. Her nearly fully black eyes soften into a smooth silky chocolate color. Her nose is thin and has a hint of sharpness to it as well as the rest of her face. Her hair falls down past her shoulders and stops just above her waist, it's just a hint darker than her eyes, her silky hair is thick and falls straight down her back like a waterfall. By her looks, I'm guessing she is about forty-five to fifty years old. Her lips a palish pink, her small but comforting smile makes little dimples in her luxuriously full and smooth cheeks.

I gasp in surprise.

She looks familiar, I know her. I'm sure do, it's just how do I know her? I feel like I could tell her my deepest darkest secrets right now. She has that effect on me like, like with her around me I'll be safe and cared for, I relax and sigh in relief. Whoever she is, I know that she'll help us. She'll save us.

We just stand there staring at the other. Ms. Paterson, shifting her weight from one to the other. She looks a little uncomfortable in the sudden silence as if she was being judged on something. 

Her thin jet black eyebrows are knit together, slightly turned down, she looks troubled. After what felt like an eternity of seven seconds Ms. Paterson, or, whoever she is, brings her hand up to her face, brushing away a lock of her hair that had fallen into her line of vision.

She takes another quick glance at us. She hesitates on something, finally coming to a decision she clears her throat and starts speaking. "You all known me as Ms. Paterson, but my real name is Ellen and as long as your comfortable, I'd like you to call me by that name," she says kindly.

"Uh, ok, um but-" I'm cut off by Ms. Pat- I meant Ellen "Questions will be answered later when we are all safe and relaxed". Hu, how did she know what I was going to say?

Slowly everyone on the floor, including me get our buts off the ground. I'm having trouble, my bloody arm is insisting I just give it a break and let it go limp. I groan, frustrated at myself for not being able to get up. After a few more tries I realize that everyone is already up. A hand sneaks its way towards me, I slapped it away. "I don't need any help!" I huff. I try to get up once again, my legs finally get a grip, I raise my body up off the floor. I grin widely in triumph, wait a second, I start leaning backward. I flail my arms around, trying to regain balance.

Thump! I groan, rubbing my good arm on my bum. That hurt.

I take a quick glance up at everyone, there still staring. I sigh, giving a slight nod I look down. I can't believe that I can't even get up off the dam'n floor.

A hand slides into my line of vision, I sigh and grab hold. The owner's hand is soft and smooth, her long elegant fingers curl around my wrist. I look up into the eyes of the person, Ellens beautiful chocolate one's gaze back.

I swear I've seen those eyes somewhere, I just can't place it. "Who are you?" I ask.

Ellen smiles at me, then pulls me up. After regaining balance "My name is Ellen" she replies calmly.

"But who ARE you?" I ask once again this time emphasizing the word are. 

Her eye start darting around the hall, looking everywhere but at my face, after settling on an invisible object on the wall, "All questions will be answered when we are all safe" she whispers.

I narrow my eyes, she's avoiding the question I conclude. But why? What's the need to lie about, we haven't done anything, have we? What is she hiding?

James clears his throat, snapping me out of my trance. "Umm, so are we going to go now?" he askes. Ellen's face turns a deep shade of red, "Of course, I got a little distracted let's go now before she wakes up".

"Um, I think it's a little too late for that," Annie whispers. I hear shuffle and turn around, the Elexsiah stares at me, the indent in her head that Ellen had put there is quickly filling in to form the same shape it was earlier.

Ellen shoves herself in front of me, blocking my view of the Elexsiah. "Go, all of you! I'll catch up later, just get as far away from this corridor as possible!" she yells. Nothing is coming out of my mouth so I just nod, backing away from them. 

Turning around the others had already started running away. I take one last glance at the two, they stare into each other's eyes, hatred seeping from the Elexsiah, all of Ellen's kindness, and softness is replaces with cold, hard feeling, the two are circling the other, a small dagger in both of their hands.

Something whispers to me in my ear, "This is just the beginning of it all, the opening for more to come" I try to shrug it off, but deep, deep inside of me I know that voice is right. So now the only thing I can do is wait for it all to play out.

I turn back around to face the hallway. I sigh, what a day it's been, I think to myself. With that thought in mind I start running down the hallway, the clashing of metal against metal fills my ears.

Hey sorry for such a short chapter, I hope you all enjoyed it anyway. Thanks for reading!