Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Megan's Dream

I am standing.

Just standing, my head held high.

A large glass building of some sort is in the background.

I'm in the spotlight of attention.

On a large platform of what looks like nothing.

Floating in mid-air about ten feet off the ground.

A large crowd of people shooting and hollering, cheering for or at me, for a reason I don't know.

I have a sad but confident smile on my face.

My hair is severely cut in one area, it ripples and waves standing straight up off of the top of my head.

Dirt and sand are rubbed all over my jeans and t-shirt.

A few dark spots are on my jeans and I can't tell if it is water or blood.

Despite all that, my body seems to glow radiating off a blinding white light.

I look like a very, very mini version of the sun.

The glow of the evening light sends an orange glare across my face.

There is a sharpness to my features that I didn't notice before.

I'm harder, more rock-solid, I'm tough.

And yet, somehow there is a soft, gentle, fragile touch to me at the same time.

More than I am now.

I'm looking at myself from the front of the crowd's point of view.

The dream ends and I sit up straight in bed. Looking down, my hands are glowing. Illuminating the darkroom. My hands get brighter and brighter. I blink rapidly, my eyes are having a hard time adjusting to the sudden blinding light. The sheets turn warm against my legs where my hands touch the blankets. I squeezed my eyes shut hoping that I am still dreaming. I open my eyes again. It's pitch black. I lie back down and slowly drift back to sleep.

Hello! Hope you're enjoying the story so far! I will be trying to or updating every couple of days or so. Thanks for reading!

P.S. 

The picture above is a snapshot in time when Megan's hands are glowing.