Chapter 10

Chapter 10

(Recap)

1:46 PM

My heart stopped. "We need to leave" I whisper. Silently but quickly we run down the halls, turning left then right, right, straight. Making our way through the maze. I match my pace with Biancas so she isn't left behind, she hobbles as quickly as she can, which is a quick walking pace. Her face all nit up in concentration.

I'm about to ask her a question when something whizzes past my face making a small slit on my cheek. I dab it with my finger and bring it back for me to see. Sure enough a little line of blood coats my finger. I frown turning to the direction that the blade came from.

The Elexsiah stands there at the other end of the hallway seething fury.

(End Recap)

"Go!" I yell to Bianca, she doesn't need to be told twice, quickly she scurries off in the direction of the others.

I stare coldly at the Elexsiah. One of her eyes is gone, the smell of bubbling skin fills the air. I quickly shift my gaze to her eye the sight of her used-to-be other one makes me want to throw up.

"You ruined me Inmental!" she shrieks "and you will pay". A dagger appears out of nowhere in her hand. She slashes it out in front of her, letting it go sailing towards me. This whistles no more than an inch past my hair to the right of my face. She must have been trying to get my eye.

The Elexsiah are very well known for their accuracy with daggers, the one less eye must be throwing her off her game. Although, it won't take long before she adjusts to it.

"Crap" I whisper to myself.

No way am I going to be able to outrun her with those daggers. These are my two options, stay and fight, or run away. Another blade whistles toward me. I duck. Then right myself back up, flustered. That blade would have hit dead center on my head if I hadn't bent down.

Another follows, quickly I dodge it. The Elexsiah makes her way closer and closer to me, taking a step forward at every knife she throws, a vicious grin on her face.

I don't have an option, I need to run.

I dodge yet another one of her blades, turning around I sprint to the end of the hallway. Daggers shower me, missing me by inches on all sides. Well, not all side's because the blades cant be thrown at me from the floor. SHUTUP Megan! You. Need. To. Focus!!

Quickly, I dart to my right, pressing my back firmly against the next hallway. My heart pumping out of my chest. My left arm digging into to corner of the concrete wall. I slam my eyes shut, breathing in through my mouth and out through my nose.

Breath Megan, breath. You're not going to be able to do anything if you can't focus.

Slowly, I start to calm down.

Thump, thump, thump. 

 I scramble to get moving again, the Elexsiah closing in on the corner of the hallway.

My feet slapping against the floor, echoing throughout the halls. I pump my arms go faster and faster, my eyes fixed on the next turn ahead.

Something rips through my right arm. I scream from the pain. Blood gushes from the deep slit in my upper arm. It slides over my elbow and down to my wrist, trickling over the indents and bumps of my hand. The deep, scarlet liquid dripping off the tips of my limp fingers, and onto the ground. Quickly making, a puddle, staining the white tiles a light pink.

That's when I realize I'm not running anymore. It's silent.

I clamp my eyes closed, calming my racing mind. Breathing in and out as I imagine what I want to do with my extraordinary power. The light soothes my muscles, unclenching them till I nearly go totally limp.