Chapter 16.5

Chapter 16.5

16.5

As she dragged me through the halls all I could think about was that book. What did she mean by the book never lies? And when reading the little captions I noticed it seemed to be updated recently but that doesn't make sense because of how much dust was on that book. What really stumped me was there is no Bavaria Kingdom in the world, if so I would have heard of it in one of my classes. Turns out this Bavaria Kingdom is very much real considering that I'm in their palace.

We stop at two large doors, which I assume lead to the queen's chambers. "You wait here, I'll be back in a few minutes," Elena slips through the doors, closing with a thud. I sigh and plop down onto the ground. Soon the doors burst open, both Ellen and Elena walkout, stony expressions on both of them. "What were you doing in the queen's chambers?" I ask Ellen. "We were discussing something," she says flatly. "Show me the book," Elena nods and starts back in the direction of the library. As soon as we enter Elena walks over to the couch we were sitting on, 'The Royal Family Tree' sprawled open to the same page that we left it on, Sargon Valoise. Ellen snatches the book to read the page.

"No, no, no, this cannot happen. He has to be dead," Elena puts a hand on Ellen's shoulder who had fallen to her knees, her hands covering her face. Whoever this Sargon Valoise is I can assume that he is not a good man at all. "This makes so much sense now," Ellen says suddenly, "All of the small raidings, and fights happening in the Kingdom, the immoral mutants suddenly appearing all around the world. It's all him, he's been behind this,". Ellen's weak and broken figure suddenly sits rigid and upright, slowly her fingers ball up into fists. Her jaw clenched, a fire ignites in her eyes, immense anger and fury fueling it, "He's going to pay, for what he's done to the royal family," Ellen fumes. I have never seen Ellen like this before, to be honest, it scared me.

The loud slam of the door shutting behind Ellen echoes around the room. Elena and I stare at one another, "Now are not the time to ask questions," she says, seeing the confusion in my eyes. "Can I bring this with me to my room?" I say, holding up 'The Royal Family Tree' book, she nods.

Our walk back to my room was silent, we stop at my door. Elena turns to go, "Wait, can you stay for a little while?" I ask. She nods, still silent, I plop down onto my bed, Elena right behind me. "How did you find the royal tree book?" Elena asks suddenly. "Um, I just saw it on the shelf and I grabbed it,". "But how?" she persists, "You haven't even gone through the Change yet and you managed to find the book, even some Master's have a hard time finding the book, and recently no one has been able to summon the book, but you did it without even trying," immediately after speaking she covers her mouth like she just spoke bad words. "What do you mean by going through the change, and who are Master's?" I ask slowly, narrowing my eyes at her. "I'm sorry, it's not my place to tell," she whispers. "Ugh! Why won't anyone tell me what's going on here! This place is fishy, somethings not right about it, and everyone I've talked to use these weird words, Master's, books never lie, the change. What's going on!" I shout. "Look," Elena says softly, "If I was allowed to tell you I would have answered your every question within seconds but since the queen, herself gave the orders for me not to say a word I have to obey her. Even with her command, I'm still having trouble keeping things from you. I don't want to keep things, Bianca, I hate having to keep secrets from you. But I will tell you everything I am allowed to say," Elena says, I can hear the truth in her words.

Annie, Julie, and the boys walk in, "There you are! You missed breakfast, where did you go, we couldn't fi-" Julie stops mid-sentence as her eyes land on Elena, confusion written all over her face. "Hey, Elena" she gives an awkward wave. "C'mon guys I need to talk to you about something," I say seriously. Everyone approaches me warily, Thomas pulls up a chair while everyone else gets on the bed. I place the book in the center of the circle and launch into what had happened, starting with Elena and I planning our meeting with each other and the library, the queen and Sargon too showing Ellen the book and all the way to now, at the end of my speech everyone stares at me open-mouthed. Let me see it, Annie snatches the book flipping it open, and reads aloud the captions of the two people to confirm my story true. My room falls into silence again, "I wonder why Elen was so upset about the book and just walking out without talking? That doesn't seem like her," Thomas says. I nervously give Elena a glance, I had left out all the gibberish Ellen was saying and the odd words Elena had accidentally slipped to me before.