Part Three

It took me a total of one minute to slip away from the bellboys and make my way to the kitchen.

It wasn't hard to sneak around the foxes that were hard at work in the house.

It was even easier to step behind a female that was similar height with long black hair.

Before she noticed, I covered her nose and mouth with the cloth-covered in wolfsbane.

She was out like a light.

Silently and delicately I dragged her to the back. I tried to be careful as I threw her into one of the empty crates behind the kitchen.

Honestly, the girl should be thanking me for the night off.

I moved her hair away as I picked the lock that was clamped around her neck. I took the black leather choker necklace, that symbolized she too was a slave, and put it around my own.

It took everything in my power to snap the lock shut.

For my little brother, I would become anything that he needed.

I would be pissed if my intel had been wrong and he wasn't even in the building.

Before anyone noticed I dumped my raincoat and umbrella into the crate and closed the lid.

"What are you doing?" A voice shouted from behind me.

I ducked my head and hunched my shoulders. "Checking the supplies, sir."

"That's not your job, get back to work. Guests have arrived and they need their drinks." He ordered.

"Yes, sir." I quivered as I ran back through the kitchen and passed the others.

I scanned my eyes along the foxes I passed. I analyzed their mannerisms and activities. Each look, I changed slightly enough to blend in. To copy them. To become them.

This house was under lock and key at all times. There was no way I would be able to observe them from the outside.

That was why Naseem was so important.

In the cover of darkness, his black feathers blended perfectly into the night sky. For the past few nights, he had risked his life to get as much information as possible about the foxes that lived and worked inside the stone castle.

One female stood out the most to him. She was of average size, with long black hair, tan skin, and round silver eyes. The closest looking slave in the house to me. She was now laying, fast asleep in a crate with my umbrella and jacket.

Naseem had also informed me about the black cocktail dresses she wore, and what this dress entailed.

I watched a few of the females who wore the same dress walk around the kitchen. They kept their heads low, but their shoulders back. They swung their hips back and forth as they walked. Each holding trays of drinks for the guests in the room.

A stray trey sat on the table, right where the female had left it. I picked it up, adjusting my walk as I strutted through the swinging doors where the guests were.

The party was focused on two rooms. A parlour where they chatted and the dining room. Dinner would be served later into the night.

For now, foxes lingered around each other, drinking and chatting. They spoke business and casual.

Following the other waitresses lead as they weaved between the foxes, I did my job like I had been doing it for years. I blended into the back, only doing to the very least without being noticed.