Part Three

As a child, I had always been afraid of death.

This place had me changing my tune pretty quickly. This place had me craving death.

My body had become so destroyed I could not even shift my head to the side.

I had hundreds of needles stuck in my body, infused with drugs of all kinds. The guards had to carry me back and forth from my sessions with the doctor.

The longer I was here the more frustrated she became. She was angry that she was no closer to curing her subjects then when she started. Her experiments were becoming even more intense by the day.

She believed wolfsbane was the key. That mixing the right ingredients would trigger some sort of change in us. Obviously it never did.

After the wolfsbane, she would run tests to see how we were reacting. She would use forms of breaking, cutting, burning, electrocution, and more to see how we handled it. Looking for any sort of change.

Again there was nothing. Huge surprise there.

At one point she thought she had a breakthrough after she had used some sort of concoction in my blood stream. Using a blow torch she tried to burn my skin from shifting into fur.

Then the moron realized I couldn't shift, not because of what she was doing to me, but because the wolfsbane she used just slowed my healing process and exhausted my body.

And she called herself a doctor.

At this point I didn't even know what food was. Which was the most disappointing part of it all.

They gave very little and its not like I could keep it down. There was excessive vomiting. All the time.

I was constantly bleeding. All the time. From random places. The worst place to bleed from is the belly bottom. Especially when I had no idea why. That happened after a very long electrocution episode.

Some of her experiments would cause me to violently shift back and forth between human and fox. My bones constantly snapping and popping over and over again.

She loved when that happened. It was so fascinating to her.

She had some of her own issues going on.

Creatures were dying by the day. The hunters could barely keep up with bringing her new test subjects. The average life expectancy was getting shorter and shorter.

Time had become just a concept. I did not know if it was day or night. I did not know if I had been stuck here for weeks, months, or years.

All and all, I would give this place a negative two out of a five star rating.

In all my waiting, not once was I given my perfect opportunity.

But it was coming. I could feel it.