Part One

Nothing out of the ordinary.

A young female wolf stood closely beside an older male. Never leaving his side. I could tell from a distance they shared similar features and carried themselves the same way. It didn't take a genius to figure out they were father and daughter.

It did take a genius to notice how her eyes always seemed to casually glance in a certain direction. How they always met the same pair of eyes of another alpha across the room.

They were familiar with each other. They had done this before.

The unnoticeable smirks they sent back and forth. The subtle hair flip with a hand on her hip. The way his eyes followed her every move. They did it in front of everyone, but no one was the wiser.

Except for me.

The father had almost caught her, but she played it off. Distracting him with another alpha that walked by.

I watched the male excuse himself from a conversation. He walked through the hoards of wolves, heading for the restrooms.

Instead of turning left to the boy's room, he went right. Opening a door that led to what would be an empty hallway.

I smirked as not even five minutes later the female too, excused herself and started making her way in the same direction.

I schooled my full-blown smile as I casually followed her.

Just when I knew she would, she turned right. Walking into the deserted hallway.

I leaned against the wall outside the door for a few minutes. Looking bored out of my mind, just like any teenager would who was dragged to this meeting.

When enough time had passed, I turned the knob and opened the door.

"Sorry, wrong door." I gasped at the sight, a blush spreading across my cheeks. The sound of my voice drowning out the sound of my camera.

The alpha and his lady friend jumped away from each other. She desperately straightened her dress, he rushed to fix the buttons on his shirt.

The sounds of growls could be heard, but the door was already clicking shut.

They both rushed out of the hallway. Searching for me to shut me up.

But I was already gone. Blended into the crowd of wolves. Away from their angry growls.

It wasn't hard to do when not too far away a crowd started to gather. I made a beeline for the group of wolves as my wolfy scent blended with theirs.

Excitement sparked through them. A light in their eyes.

I knew that look. The curiosity of violence.

I was very familiar with it.

My heart jumped slightly. Excitement coursed through my blood at the thought of some action. And maybe even some information while I was at it.

I weaved through the crowd, my small frame making it easier to get through the thick wolves.

The wolves were tall, I could barely see over their shoulders. Every once in awhile I would catch the flash of two bodies standing across from each other. I heard the insults flying back and forth.

They weren't fighting, but the buzz in the air suggested that peace wouldn't last for long.

I recognized a group that stood together around my age at the very front. Sons and daughters of Alpha's and Beta's who were dragged to the meeting even though they would never take their parent's thrones.