S5 - Chapter Forty: St. Sarah's Church

"Father Gabriel Strokes"

"I don't trust him"

We were on the road for gods knows how long and although we left that place terminus behind, we were still running away from there.

"What's up with you?" I asked Daryl who has been looking behind us for awhile now.
"Something's not right" He replied and I frowned then looked back when he did again.
"What do you mean?" I asked and he sighed.

"I think someone is following us" He stated and my eyes widened as I placed a hand on my gun.
"What?!" I exclaimed looking around frantically.
"Rain, don't freak anybody else out" He told me and I nodded my head, calming down.

"Okay, how long do you think they have been on our tail?" I asked the Redneck.
"Since Terminus" He replied and my eyes widened before I stopped to look at him.
"What the hell happened back there?" I asked and he came to a stop before turning to me.

"We followed a lie and they tried to eat us so we took them out" He explained briefly.
"Wait, they tried to eat you?" I asked surprised and he nodded his head like it were a casual thing to say, "What the fuck?" I exclaimed.

"Exactly" Daryl replied before he swung his crossbow off his shoulder to hold it in his hands, "I'm going to check our backs" He added and I nodded before grabbing him.
"Before you go, tell me what exactly happened" I said more worried now after hearing that.

"We arrived and they put on a fake welcome act then locked us all in a train cart" He told me and my eyes widened at that.

"They what?" I asked and he nodded his head.
"Then, they came and took Rick, Glenn and I away from them and tied us up" He informed me and my eyes widened, "They were going to kill us to eat us but the others broke out with help from Carol and allowed us to save ourselves" He added and I shook my head.

"And Glenn neglect to mention this to me?" I asked looking over at my boyfriend talking with Rick at the front of the group.
"I guess he didn't want you to worry" Daryl reasoned and I nodded my head at him.

"Still. He could of told me" I stated folding my arms over my chest and Daryl scoffed.
"Just don't get me involved" He muttered before walking away, going into the woods.

"Rain!" I heard Carl call for me and I looked ahead, the group had gotten quite far and Carl were now waving me over to them.
"I'm coming!" I called then moved quickly to catch up with them before they got any further.

"We got visitors" Maggie stated and I stepped forwards, taking my machete off my back.
"What do you think you are doing?" Glenn asked grabbing my arm and I rolled my eyes.

"Going to take down the walkers" I replied then called for my brothers to join me, "You know before they eat me. Except I would mention it, if someone tried to eat me" I added spinning my weapon in my hand as I stepped forwards.

"Who told you?" Glenn asked, looking down.
"Doesn't matter. You weren't" I added moving forwards and stabbing a Walker in the head.

I turned to look at Glenn as my brothers took out the remaining couple of walkers, "I didn't see the need to worry you" He added.

"You could of still told me, Glenn" I started flicking walker's blood off my weapon before placing it back in it's place, on my back.