S5 - Chapter Forty Five: Goodbye

"We're going to head there"

"No!"

"Mason..."

After having some time on my own, I decided to come back into the main church, "Carl, Could you take your sister please?" I asked and he nodded then turned his back on me when I lifted my jumper.

I gently got the sleeping toddler off my torso then tapped Carl on the shoulder which made him turn around.

"She is going to need feeding when she wakes up" I told him as I helped strap her to his chest.
"Okay" He replied and I gave him a smile.

"Rain" Chase called and I walked over to where he were standing by the front doors.
"What is it?" I asked when I approached him.

"You have to take your medicine" He told me and I sighed before nodding my head as he got a white pill out of the silver packet then handed it to me, with a open bottle of water.

"You don't have to take care of me" I told him and he chuckled as I swallowed back the pill.
"You look after everyone else but who looks after you?" He asked and I looked down.

"It used to be Glenn" I stated and he nodded.
"And he still would if he were here but he's not at the moment" He stated and I looked at him, "So, until he gets back, I'm taking care of you so deal with it" He added and I scoffed amused but he looked deadly serious.

"You are brave or maybe you are just stupid but you are a good friend" I stated, smiling.

"Or I could be both but you don't scare me like you do everyone else" He said and I glared at him, "You act the way you do so no-one gets close but like you said I'm stupid" He added and I chuckled amused before nodding.

"In that case then, Please be stupid often" I replied and he nodded his head.
"Don't worry, I'm planning on doing just that" He said and we both stared at each other before bursting into laughter.

"Alright, I'll catch you later" I said and he nodded before I went to walk away but came to a stop when something crashed against the doors, "What the hell was that?" I asked getting my gun out and Chase did the same.

"I'm on the same side of the door as you" Chase replied and I rolled my eyes at him.
"Help me!" A voice yelled from the other side.
"Uhh Unless Walkers have learnt to talk..." Miles said trailing off and we all looked at him.

"Help me, Please!" The yelling came again.
"That's sounds like Gabriel" Carl called to us from the back of the group and I looked at him with wide eyes before I sighed annoyed.

"I'm actually going to kill this guy myself" I growled annoyed before looking at Chase, "We let him in and close the door after" I told him as the banging on the door got louder.
"Okay, everyone get back!" Chase yelled and everyone backed up but had weapons ready.

"On, Three" I said and Chase nodded before he laid a hand on the lock, looking back at me.
"Three!" He yelled and opened the door so I had no choice but to shoot as Gabriel fell by our feet, there were walkers just outside.

"There's too many of them" I stated as Gabriel jumped to his feet then helped us try and push the door closed but the walkers had already started to push against it, "To the back now!" I yelled and the group went running to the back.