S1 - Chapter Five: Where's Merle?

"That was a stupid thing to do"

The truck slowly came to a stop after awhile of driving and Glenn stood up as the other two made their way to the shutter so I stood up too.

The sound of the door shutting echoed throughout the back before it went quiet for a few moments then the shutter opened revealing T-Dog. All of us shielded our eyes as the change in brightness flooded the back of the truck and the shutter slammed open against the top of the truck.

Daryl pretty much jumped over T-dog and landed on his feet with no trouble.

"What's first Merle or the guns?" Rick asked jumping down after Glenn had climbed out.

"Merle. This ain't even an discussion" Daryl replied as I still stood on the back of the truck.

"It is. Glenn you know this area better then anyone. Which is closer?" Rick asked turning to Glenn.

"Annoyingly, Merle" Glenn replied looking at Rick but had his hand held out for me again.

"I can get down myself" I snapped pushing his hand away and he nodded before stepping back.

I looked up at the shutter rope and counted to three in my head before I jumped up then grabbed the said rope, pulling the shutter down with me as I fell for a few moments before my feet hit the ground.

I pulled the shutter closed fully then turned to face them and frowned when they were all looking at me, "What?" I asked like it was nothing to talk about.

So, they all shook their heads to let me know that it's nothing. I looked down to double check my weapons when..., "You are amazing" Glenn commented which made me stop mid gun check and I slowly looked up at him.

He were looking at me in actual amazement with a massive smile before he seemed to have a reality check, "I mean... This way will be quicker and safer" Glenn said awkwardly before quickly walking off so the others followed him amused and I stood staring at the back of Glenn's head.

A warm smile creeping it's way onto my face before my eyes widened for making said face out loud.

We ran along the back of the buildings until we got to a certain building then entered through the back but when we got to the second lot of doors, we all came to a stop because there were walkers pushed up against it, "What do we do now?" T-Dog asked standing with his weapon in hand.

"I wonder if they know it's a pull door" I thought outloud which made Glenn chuckle and the others turned to look at him unimpressed but Glenn just shrugged as I made my way over to the doors then tapped on the glass at one of the walker's face that was pressed against it.

"I don't think they do" Glenn replied and I turned back, smirking before I pulled my knife out from my thigh strap then took a step back to stand beside Glenn who looked at me.

"Should we tell them?" I asked and he frowned unsure what I was about to do. I stepped back before I lifted my leg, bringing my knee to my chest then my foot collided with the door hard causing the glass to shatter which made the walker's fall to the floor at our feet.

"What the..." Daryl growled before he shot an arrow at the walker by his feet. I bend down and stabbed the walkers that were on the floor, their boney fingers reaching up for us and their jaws smashed together. I literally cringed at the smell as I took my knife to each of their skulls.