S5 - Chapter Fifty Two: Triggered

"I agree with you"

"Rain..."

"I'm not going to stand by and..."

Fortunately, my leg got treated and luckily there weren't no infection so it were easy to fix.

Unfortunately, Tara is still not awake but is still holding on so we can only hope that she wakes up. The good news is, she is stable.

We were currently in the infirmary and I were on a bed, resting my leg. In my own room.

"Glenn" I called for the third time as he stared off at the wall before he even looked at me, "Are you okay?" I asked and he nodded his head which made me sigh, "No, you're not" I added and he looked down.

"Then, Why did you ask?" He asked.
"Because I want to know what you are feeling, Glenn" I replied and he looked at me.

"You want me to talk about my feelings?" He asked then scoffed unamused, "That's funny coming from you" he added and I frowned.

"What is that suppose to mean?" I asked, trying not to feel offended but it's hard not to.

"You are the last person to tell me to open up when you don't even talk to me about anything that could remotely be negative" He shot back raising his voice and I were slightly taken back.

"Glenn, I'm..." I started and he stood up.
"I don't expect you to understand, it's not like you were close with Noah" He said cutting me off and I shook my head.
"No I wasn't but..." I started only for him to cut me off again as he walked to the door.

"You have become too numb to begin to feel anything other than anger" He said turning around to face me again, "You have become too cold" He spat and I just stopped talking as I looked at him, slightly hurt by his words.

Glenn walked out, leaving me alone with the words hanging thickly in the air and it were starting to close in on me so I had to get out.

I pulled myself off the bed and cringed at the pain in my thigh so I started crying as I grabbed my leg then placed a hand over my eyes. I were sobbing when someone come in.

"Rain" I heard Na-Ru say and I dropped my hand, "What's wrong?" She asked concerned as she quickly came over to me.

"My leg hurts really bad" I lied pointing down at my wrapped up leg and she frowned.

"You have been shot, stabbed, attacked and survived life on the road" Na-Ru stated frowning confused, "But an arrow to the leg hurts?" She asked trying to wrap her head around it and I nodded my head.

"Yes!" I snapped unintentionally and Na-Ru just nodded her head slowly.
"Right" She replied then sat on the bed beside me, "So, what is this really about?" She asked.

"I..." I started but stopped before shaking my head, "My leg really does hurt" I said instead.
"Okay, I'll be with you in a moment" I heard Chase say outside and Na-Ru stood up again.

"Maybe you will talk to someone closer" She said while walking to the door, "Chase!" She yelled then waved her hand, for him to come over and a moment later, Chase appeared.