S4 - Chapter Twenty Nine: Little Toes

"Don't freak out!"

"I just can't shake this feeling"

~ Roughly Six Months Later ~

We have been living quite easy for awhile now but I have been on the edge the entire time because Daryl and I still haven't found the Governor.

We also informed Rick and Glenn about our plans because Rick had started to suspect us so we had to tell him and Glenn only knows because I'm not keeping secrets from him anymore. It's a promise we both made.

We have been training the Woodbury people with help of siblings Sasha and Tyreese also Sasha's boyfriend Bob.

The siblings were found on the other side of the prison a few months back when they took shelter after being chased by a herd and with some persuasion, Rick allowed them into our block and we ended up becoming close with the pair.

Bob was saved on a run by Glenn and Daryl so they brought him back, Sasha and Bob became an item shortly after they had met.

Currently though, I were left watching Judith while the others have been doing their part. Beth usually watches the baby but Mason had asked if I could instead so he could spend some time with Beth.

So, of course I agreed but I didn't think I would be wearing a baby carrier which I currently have strapped to my chest.

I watched as the little Seven month old baby rolled off her blanket then onto her stomach, on the concrete floor then proceeded to try and pick some dirt up, "Judith Rain Grimes" I called in a warning tone which made the baby jump as she turned to try and find me.

"What you doing?" I asked standing up from where I sat on bench by her blanket before I made my way over to her slowly then sped up when she went to roll on to her back and I quickly caught her head before it could hit the concrete floor.

"Should we give you a bath?" I asked picking her up and bringing her close to my face but of course she didn't answer, all she did was smile which made me awe at her.

I settled the baby in my arms as I walked over to the table then used a sink bowl we managed to bring back on a run which already had cold water in it, "Let's just sit you in here" I said placing her in the baby carrier then held her gently, with one hand on her back. The baby just stared up at me the whole time, smiling.

I spoke to her gently as I poured a whole bottle of water into the tub then moved over to the controlled fire which I have been heating up water on for a good few minutes now.

"This is so it's not too cold" I told the baby as I picked up the can filled with warm water with a cloth so I don't burn my hand before I carefully walked it over to the tub.

I held my hand over Judith head too, just in case I spill it before I poured it into the tub then used my hand to turn the water then flicked my hand, "The bath is ready for you, bubba" I said gently as I put the can down then grabbed a shirt I'm going to use for a towel as we don't have any.

"I wish you spoke to me like that" Glenn spoke up and I jumped before looking up at him, He were leaning against the cell door of the main entrance with his arms and ankles crossed.

"How long have you been standing there for?" I asked as I laid Judith's clothes out to be ready.

"Long enough to know that I'm completely memorised by you" He replied and I rolled my eyes at his cheesiness but sighed at the fact that he still managed to make me blush wildly.