S4 - Chapter Thirty: The Unexpected

"This is not what I had in mind"

I have no idea what time I had eventually fallen asleep last night but I do know that Glenn fell asleep before me, lying on my lap.

I rolled over in my sleep, well I were slowly waking up but I just didn't want to open my eyes yet.

I eventually opened them to Glenn sitting up beside me and looking down at me and I smiled before closing my eyes again, "What are you doing?" I asked snuggling into Glenn's jacket that I had used as a pillow last night.

"Just admiring you and I took this" He said and I opened my eyes to him holding up a poloraid photo of me sleeping and my eyes widened as I reached out for it but he moved it away so I were unable to grab it.

"We are so not keeping that" I stated and he nodded his head at me.
"I'm going to keep it on me at all times" He said putting it into his pocket and I rolled my eyes.

"Is that what you are going to show people when they ask about me?" I asked and he shook his head then went into his pocket again for something.

"I'll show them this" He answered showing me another poloraid photo of me standing in the courtyard and I were completely off guard and looked like I were talking to someone but whoever it was, weren't in the picture.

"When did you take that?" I asked taking it off him to have a good look.

"The other day when you were talking to Maggie" He answered so Maggie is the unseen person that I was talking to.

"I like this one better" I admitted handing it back to him and he chuckled, taking it from me.

"You are beautiful in every way" He said smiling at me as I sat up and I chuckled as I stretched, "You think I'm lying to you?" He asked and I chuckled, shaking my head.

"No but you have been complimented me a lot lately" I stated dropping my arms, "What do you want from me?" I asked as a joke eyeing him carefully and he chuckled amused.

"I want you to know my thoughts about you because I love you" He replied and I chuckled.

"I love you too" I replied before giving him a kiss and he smiled into it which made me giggle as I moved closer to him then saddled his lap before I buried my face into neck and he sounded like he were in pain which made me pull back and frown, "Are you okay?" I asked concerned and he shook his head at me.

"It's nothing" He told me but I can tell he were lying and I don't like it so I moved further back then checked him over, "I'm okay" He assured me putting his hand on the side of my face but I pushed it away which made him sigh at me.

"You are hurt" I stated and he sat up, trying to hide him cringing in pain and so I pushed him back against the wall gently then lifted up his shirt to a black and blue bruise on his left side, across his ribs and my eyes widened because it looked bad, "What happened?" I exclaimed concerned and he sighed before running his hands through his hair.

"I ran into some other group while on the run with Daryl, Rick and Michonne the other day and one if them got a good beating on me but I'm fine" He explained and I shook my head, the one time I don't go on a run with him and he comes back bruised.

"You could have broken ribs" I stated touching it gently and he flinched away.

"There's nothing that can be done about it anyway, even before they would just leave them to heal on their own" He replied and I shook my head, annoyed.