S1 - Chapter Four: Going Back

"It's a stupid Rule"

The night fell and the sun rose, the boys and I ended up sleeping in the trees outside of camp because we were so used to doing that and it were like a routine for us.

However, alot of things go bump in the night more than usual so we have to stay alert more now than ever.

I got woken up by high pitched screaming which startled me awake and I looked down in time to see Carl and Sophia running through the bushes then the men from the group came running in the direction they had just come from.

I quickly untied myself from the tree then stood up, throwing the rope down to my brothers who were already on the floor.

"I'm going to swing" I told them and they nodded before I jumped into another tree swinging in the branches as I got closer.

I stopped on a tree above where the group were and pulled out my mini cross bow as I caught something running towards them so I quickly raised my weapon and aimed at it.

"Shit!" That same 'something' spoke and I lowered my weapon then frowned as I looked over at the people who seemed to be talking to the person, so he is a friend not a foe.

I swung over on the tree closer and looked down at a redneck, he were crouching down beside a deer which looked like it had been ripped apart already.

That makes sense as a beheaded walker laid down beside it, "What do you think? Could we cut around the infected part?" Redneck asked and I swung down, landing on the ground like spiderman which caught everyone's attention.

The asian man looked at me in slight amazement as I slowly stood up straight.

"I wouldn't risk it" I replied and Redneck looked up at me with a slight frown.

"I have been tracking this deer for miles, was going to cook us up a decent meal" He said going back to the deer before he stood up then kicked the body part of the Walker violently.

"It's okay, I got us a dozen squirrels, we can have that instead" He added seeming to calm down and everyone looked a bit cautious and tense around him but I were distracted by the walker's head so I lifted my weapon again.

"Come on, guys. It has to be the head" Redneck added obviously noticing the decapitated head still moving but I had shot it before he could.

"What the..." Redneck breathed looking up at me slightly offended but I didn't react as I walked over to the head and crouched down for a moment to pull out my arrow before I stood up then started casually walking back to the camp, leaving the men behind.

"Hey Kangeroo!" I heard Redneck shout after me and I stopped, not liking the nickname, "That was my kill" He replied pointing back at the walker and I pretended to be a little confused.

"I didn't know it was a competition" I replied, the tone in my voice flat as the other men slowly made their way back into the camp, "And come up with a better insult next time, Robin Hood" I replied and he scoffed about to say something but I cut him off by rolling my eyes and walking away, grabbing the rag that Mason already had out, waiting for me to take.

"That was a nice shot" Miles praised as I used the rag to clean the arrow from the walker's blood.

I had sat down on the log in the middle with my brother either sitting or standing around me when Redneck came storming into the camp, giving me a slightly harsh glare before he turned around.

"Merle! Get your ass out here and help me cook these!" He shouted for someone, taking off a rope with squirrels that he had hanging on his chest, "Merle!" He yelled again. No answer.