S5 - Chapter Forty One: Hello, God! It's me, Malia Kingsley

"I have got to be honest..."

I woke up feeling a little more rested than I did before but were now lying on the bench with a jacket laid over me. I no longer had an IV in my arm and instead a plaster where the needle were. I frowned at the silence in the church.

I slowly sat up allowing the jacket to fall off my shoulder and I allowed myself time to stretch before I decided to panic. There were no one in church at all. Did they leave me alone here?

"Carl? Chase? Maggie?" I questioned taking a look around before I stood up then headed towards the main doors of the church, "Chase! Carl!" I called again, more panicked this time.

"Rain" Carl called back as I got outside and he rushed over to me worried, "What's wrong?" He asked grabbing my arm gently.

"I'm sorry" I apologised before sighing in relief, "I woke up and no one were in there" I told him and he seemed to be at ease himself.
"Eugene's in there" Carl stated with a frown.

"I didn't see him. Beside I don't know him" I stated and he nodded his head at me.
"How did you sleep?" He asked taking his hand off my arm and I nodded my head at him.
"I got a good rest nevertheless" I replied when Chase walked over to the two of us.

"How you doing?" He asked and I smiled.
"Better. Thank you" I said and he chuckled softly before shaking his head.
"It's my job" He stated and I smiled at the fact that he has accepted that he is still a doctor.

"So, why is everyone out here?" I asked them.
"Rick and the others are still not back yet" Maggie stated walking over to the huddle.
"Dad told me not to drop my guard" Carl said and I turned to look at him, "I just hope he took his own advice" Carl added as he looked out at the woods surrounding us worriedly.

"He is just not in the same time as us but I don't think this Gabriel guy is a bad person" Chase stated and Carl scoffed unamused.
"I wouldn't be too sure about that" Carl replied and I turned to look at him with a frown.

"What makes you say that?" I asked him and he nodded for us to follow him.
"I found something" He stated then walked off and I frowned at Maggie before we all followed him, around to the side of the church building.

"If this guy is such a good person then why would someone write this?" Carl asked then pointed to words carved into the wood.

'You'll burn for this' The words read.

"You got a point there, young sheriff" I stated taking a step closer to the wood, "This was rushed" I stated running my fingers over it.
"What did he do?" Maggie asked curiously.

"I don't know but I do know that we can't trust someone with a bad secret" I stated and they all nodded their heads, to agree with me.

I came back into the church while the others stayed outside, I started to debate weather I should search the place. Find more about Gabriel but despite everything, I have respect.

"Everything is just falling apart" I heard a thick accent say and it made me jump. I turned to Eugene standing in the corner of the room.

"I'm pretty sure, everything has been falling apart for quite some time now" I replied taking a deep breath to get my heart beating again.