S5 - Chapter Forty Eight: Cautious

"I don't know..."

"We need a safe place to lay the baby's head"

The stranger still sat on his knees with his hands up in surrender as he looked up at us, "Check his bag" Rick instructed me and I stepped around as Maggie moved forwards.

"I've got it" Maggie told me and I nodded before putting my gun away then pulled the bag off his back which the stranger allowed me to do. This "friend" weren't phrased at all.

"Look, I know why you would act like this but I promise you. I have come to offer you a safe place" He told us as I quickly searched his bag.

Just basis supplies, some polaroid photos and a flare gun which is the only thing that concerns me so I slowly brought it out of the bag.

"Rick" I called and he looked over at me so I held up the flare gun to show him. Rick nodded slowly before he told me to bring it over to him, by using his hand and I brought it to him.

"This means that there are more of them" Rick stated and Daryl quickly jumped forwards then got into the stranger's face.

"What is that for?!" Daryl yelled and the stranger flinched but then he slowly put his hands on Daryl's arms and pushed him away.

"There's another one out there. We search for people like you to bring back to our safe place" The stranger explained and Daryl scoffed, about to grab him again when I stepped in front of him, holding my arm out to block him, "The flare gun is to signal each other of our whereabouts if we are in trouble" He said.

"Okay" Rick said before he stepped forwards, "Where are they now?" Rick asked him.
"He's hiding in the distance" Aaron answered, "Look, I have vehicles that I will bring you back in if you decide to come with me" The stranger explained.

"How do we know we can trust you?" Glenn asked and the stranger looked at him.
"Please let me just show you some proof" He said then went to go for his bag but stopped when everyone's weapons moved with him quickly, Carl's gun being the one to be the closest to his head and he froze.

"Careful" I warned placing a hand on his shoulder and the stranger froze.

"Okay, if you go in my bag again, you will see some photos" The stranger told us and I looked at Rick for permission and he nodded, "If that doesn't convince you to come with me then I will just leave" The stranger added.

I quickly searched the bag and grabbed the polaroid photos that were in there, I flicked through them myself and they actually looked promising, "Rick, maybe he is telling the truth" I said walking back over to him and handed him the photos which he looked through.

"Let's talk" Rick announced and we all moved away, having Carl watch 'Friend' as we gathered away from said stranger.

"The photos look real" Maggie stated looking at them over Rick's shoulder.
"It looks like a perfect place" Sasha stated and Rick nodded his head then sighed.

"I don't know..." Rick said before he looked at me, "Weren't you the one that said that you don't trust anything that looks perfect in a world like this?" He asked me and I looked at him before nodding my head slowly.

"Yeah I did but..." I replied trailing off then looked over at Judith, who were being held by Carol, "We need a safe place to lay the baby's head" I stated looking back at Rick.