Junpei Yoshino x Reader - Domestic Bliss (If Only...)

Mild spoilers in here, though if you're reading this, I assume you know what's up with this adorable, tragic character :( This ficlet MAY stretch the facts and I changed the dialogue of the first scene a bit... But bear with me pls :D This is FANFICTION after all lol

Q: Whose powers/techniques would you want?

--

"Save him! Please!"

Yuji was beyond upset. His own rage was like nothing the boy had ever felt before - surging across his mind like a rabid typhoon. Hell, it was the meanest, most painful feeling he had ever felt in his lifetime. His grief for his dead grandfather had absolutely nothing on this achingly hot anger. This was a far more potent and dark emotion.

Seeing Junpei's deformed and ugly form, Yuji was stricken with the desire to reverse time, to give Junpei back his life. But Mahito had used him, led him astray and now, the friend Yuji could have had was impaired and destined to die. Yuji's anger because of this unfairness felt insurmountable.

How dare he.

Itadori wanted Mahito not only dead, but completely destroyed, murdered off the face of the earth. And he wanted to be the one to do it. For Junpei's sake.

"PLEASE! SUKUNA!" Yuji urged again, knowing deep in their combined existence that begging like this was futile.

And yet, he could not let it go. If Sukuna was powerful enough, could he heal someone who was not his vessel? Could he at least keep Junpei from dying?

"Please!"

"You brat. Do you really think I would want to save someone like that?"

Sukuna's voice sounded as demonic as ever, crude and without a trace of remorse for the soon-to-be corpse of Junpei on the ground. Yuji's teeth gnashed together in frustration, that rising pool of sadness and anger latching onto his sensibility.

"Can you save him?" he asked.

Sukuna gave a grunt of irritation as he said, "Say that I could. What reason would I have to do it?"

"You-"

"That boy is nothing to me."

The ancient curse of a man sat on his internal throne, thinking briefly of the only boy that was something to him. Black hair, lighter eyes, shikigami in his shadowy cohort... As long as Megumi Fushiguro stayed alive, then everyone else around Yuji could perish. Sukuna could not be bothered with the rest. That was the hard truth that Itadori had to live with. Additionally, Sukuna was glad the boy had forgotten the bounds of their contract. He had nothing to offer now, but he could not remember even that. Pathetic.

Yuji fought the tears. The anger helped to keep the salty droplets at bay, but damn it hurt.

"I'll kill him!" Yuji shouted, referring to the stitched-up piece of flesh.

Mahito was still there, and with that fact came the possibility of revenge.

"You do that, then," Sukuna grumbled, uncaring as long as no one bothered his soul...

~Short timeskip~

After the effects of Mahito's idle transfiguration took hold, there should have been no way to save Junpei Yoshino. His life was the epitome of unfairness. He had been beaten down by life, and turning to curses to mend the wrongs handed out to him had only proven to instigate another betrayal of the world against him. He could trust no one to be there for him, except his mother and she was gone, as surely as he would be soon enough... The world had taken everything from him and offered nothing in return. Never on his side, never on his side.