Yuji x Reader - Tea, Books, and Injuries

Q: Is Yuji more HOT or CUTE?

This was a longtime request from a longtime reader of mine, combined with another one from another new reader! LOL :D Sorry for the wait!

--

Yuji was a strong boy, probably too strong for the world (and his own good). Still, jujutsu sorcery gave him injuries sometimes. And when he got injured, it was hard to keep him calm and in bed to rest. He was hyper more than half the time, and he never really wanted to sit still and just HEAL goddamnit.

"Knock knock! Anyone home?" you chirped, entering the room, nearly weighed down by how much you were carrying.

Your best friend was sitting up in bed with a heating pouch on his shoulder. The guy had taken a beating the other day, and although he was high-energy the very next morning, he had been ordered to lay low for at least a few days.

You came to visit everyday after lessons.

"(F/n)!" he said, his eyes brightening considerably.

"How's the injured baby doing?" you asked, sitting down on the edge of the mattress.

You started unloading the things you had brought along with you. Manga, light novels, snacks, mugs of tea.

"I'm okay... Better now that you're here! And OH! Is that the tea from (insert favorite tea shop/brand here)?"

You nodded, and he clapped his hands together in childish glee. You unscrewed the insulated mugs, pouring some of the hot drink into a cup for Itadori. As you did so, a garnet-colored eye peeled itself out of Yuji's skin to observe.

"That tea looks pretty good," Sukuna announced.

"Hey! Go away Sukuna!" Yuji said, wagging a finger in the curse's direction. "This is me and (F/n) time!"

"How cute."

The king disappeared, slinking back into Yuji's skin with a mild squelch.

"Sorry about that," Itadori mumbled, taking a cup in both hands.

The warmth slithered up his fingers, up his arm. It felt good to be mostly alone with you, even if the most cursed spirit of all time was sitting in his own body, a breath away. As he lifted the tea to his lips, he found your gaze over the edge of the cup.

A memory blurred itself into the rising steam.

~

You and Yuji had met for the first time in a tea shop, after all. You had both bought the same kind of tea, carrying the same kind of book under an arm. Such coincidences got you two talking, chatting nonstop, like old friends. You were bound to become old friends for real at that rate. Jujutsu sorcery was the biggest coincidence of all, and that really sealed the deal on all accounts. From the day you met, inseparable was a pretty good description of your relationship.

And when you spend so much time with someone, it becomes hard not to develop feelings. Anyone could have guessed the way he felt about you.

~

Eyes remaining on yours, he took a deep sip and let the flavor melt onto his tongue. You did the same, and you both seemed to slouch comfortably at the familiarity. It really was the best tea in town.

Cups in hand, you both took to reading, making use of the resources with which you had arrived. Cozy silence pooled between you, and it was the healthy type of quiet that Yuji needed. The dull pain in his limbs faded slightly, his focus on the characters in his favorite manga.

"Oo. Hopefully I'll never look this creepy as a corpse!" he said, pointing at a mangled body in one of the manga panels. "When they execute me, I would rather just look peaceful in death. Kinda like my grandpa."