Suguru Geto x Reader - Gojo's (Matchmaking) Games

Hi!

A Geto/u request, here! Featuring Gojo lmao - I've seen both spellings (Getou and Geto) - google autocorrects me when I try to use "Getou" so I've been using "Geto" lately!

Hope y'all enjoy this one, I tried to incorporate some angst, because I know another reader asked for a Geto angst story, too ~ as always, I kind of take some small liberties with the original lore hehe such is fanfic LOL heads up, I'm also not really caught up on the manga tbh

--

Years went by after the hardest part of your life, and you survived swimmingly. You found family, found friends, moved on. Still, proof of an important person is the important ache they leave behind if they leave. The few times you allowed yourself to think of him, you vowed to always consider yourself lucky because you met someone who affected you so deeply. You would always miss him, though, no matter what he had done.

~Before~

"Am I seeing you tonight, (F/n)?" Suguru Geto asked.

He was referring to the casual, fun get-together some students were having in celebration of a completed mission. As jujutsu sorcerers in training, there was a lot of work that went into each and every day. More than the average lifestyle was demanded of all of your tremendously talented peers.

"Yup!" you chirped, giving him a pretty half smile that you had perfected in the mirror just for him.

The flirtatious little expression made Suguru's heart thump harder, and he laughed, floating on the feeling you gave him.

"Oh, lucky me, then," he said, taking your hand and pulling you into his chest.

You flicked his forehead, extracting yourself from his grasp in a cute twirl, curtseying in his direction as you stepped away.

"Suguru!" you said, wagging your finger at him, laughing.

"Oh come on," he said, sighing. "Can't we just..."

He trailed off, and you stood blinking at him, with that same smile on your face. You wanted to hear him say what he wanted. You were hardly satisfied with easy flirting and compatible energy. You wanted words, was that so wrong?

"I'll see you later! I've got some work to do before tonight," you said, offering a friendly wave.

Then you skipped away, leaving the dark-haired boy shuffling his feet in quiet frustration. He ran a hand through his hair, adjusting his locks as he watched you traverse the school grounds.

A white-haired man slipped into step beside you on the way to your room. His sunglasses gave him an eerie yet "cool" look, and you nudged him in the side in a display of amicable comfort.

"You were spying on us, weren't you?" you asked.

"Aren't you going to tell him?" Gojo prodded you, giving you the goofiest grin he could manage.

Studying alongside the powerful man was a whack experience, if you did say so yourself. He was all shits and giggles and the like. Considering that he could see everything all at once, you always figured it was just another part of the weird way his body and mind functioned. Or a side effect of such? Ah. You were happy to be his friend.

You were even more happy to be Geto's friend, though. And Gojo had caught onto your mind-boggling crush way too early.

"Hell no," you muttered. "Not anytime soon. If he can't say how he feels about me, then I won't tell him how I feel, either."

"Huh? Boringgggggggg!"

"Hah. Funny. I don't recall ever being responsible for your entertainment, Satoru."