Nanami x Reader - Divorce Papers

Hey, some Nanami love for you all!

--

"I need you to sign these," you said, placing some papers in front of your husband on the table. "Today."

He had been dreading this, puting it off. Nanami Kento did not want to be your ex-husband, and signing those papers like you wanted would seal his fate as such. He had read through the papers, as was his duty. And everything seemed perfectly reasonable, it would be relatively painless. The two of you had purchased property elsewhere, and he had been spending significant time there, anyways. Moving out would be easy.

The two of you brushed past each other like ghosts in this house, always on different floors, different rooms. Uncomfortable silence for weeks - No, by your calculations, it was MONTHS of unhappiness. This was not what you had agreed to at the altar.

Nanami sighed, donning his grey coat. He said nothing, and you fought the urge to cry in frustration. You played the harsh, bitter wife well. Honestly, he seemed to be buying the act. However, inside, you were mourning the love you had once shared. It had been worth so many sleepless nights, thinking only of him, even as you lay beside his bare, elegant form. When he had looked at you and really seen you in those early days, you had felt so desired. Now, his chiseled cheekbones had hollowed out even more, and he was a darker step away.

How the hell did you two agree to such loneliness? When? Why was love so damn crazy?

"Kento-" you began as he started toward the door.

You were interrupted by a bout of crippling nausea. Head spinning, you stumbled blindly to the kitchen sink. Your breakfast made a crash landing there, and your body heaved several times to assist in this process. The pain in your throat was raw and unbearable.

"(F/n)!" you heard, foggily.

Kento was holding back your hair, a hand on your back as you continued to lurch miserably. All in all, you were not exactly proud of this moment. You were a mess, and your cantankerous husband was actually being a bit of a hero for the first time in a while.

Once your sick spell had passed, you raised your head with a groan.

"Water?" Kento asked, offering you a glass.

You drank, looking down at the countertop.

Morning sickness sucked. An absolutely awful time. Your fingers lingered on your stomach as you considered the reason you were queasy that morning, letting the water glide down your throat in soothing waves.

"You're pregnant," Kento said.

You shook your head in a lying gesture, saying "No."

"Yes you are."

You strode past him, up the stairs to the bedroom. He followed, his steps dipping behind you as he spoke.

"Is the baby mine?" he asked, trailing after you as you took a heavy seat at the end of the bed.

The sheets were balled up in your hands as you hung your head. His words kept hitting you, like little stones, capable of stinging so acutely. He asked you again, and your shoulders slumped in on themselves, toward your center. You wanted to curl up and just will him away, as peacefully as a warm wind passing through. This situation was meant to be handled delicately - So far, you had proven your patience.

He kept pushing, though. More and more. Making your brain reel faster.

"Is it someone else's child, then?" he asked.

The accusation in his tone brought a scowl to your cheeks, although his expression remained contemptuously blank.

Still, he pressed you tirelessly when you failed to pipe out an answer.